Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annie

Smart Phone Addiction

12 posts in this topic

I have observed countless times how people appear seriously addicted to their smartphones. Do you find yourself checking your phone all the time? What do you do about it? Are you even aware how it affects you? Children using smartphones or other devices become younger and younger. What's your opinion on this?
I found this spoken word film you may want to check out:

Iam a smart phone addict ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I use my smart phone but mostly it is the hour before sleep when I play puzzle games, or when I'm answering a phone call. some other uses to, right now I'm posting with it, but that's unusual - usually I post on a forum only on my computer at home, forums are my addiction tho not the phone. I often leave my phone at home when I go out, or leave it untouched in my bag just for emergencies. when I'm at home it sits, lonely, on the table in my hall.

oh - I also use it to play music, that's actually it's main feature lol. but mostly it's just one album playing on repeat and/or shuffle for several hours. background white noise. hence I forget to mention that majority purpose xD

one thing I did which helped is, I went into the settings for notifications, and blocked notifications for most of the apps on phone, especially for email. I don't have facebook on my phone. all those notifications keep you distracted by it. I also made sure to find a text notification sound that is not attention-grabbing for me, that when I hear it I'm not feeling startled or compelled. 

19 hours ago, Annie said:

@Harikrishnan  Are you trying to do something about it?

I tried Leo's breaking bad habbit yesterday. And guess what i am still addicted ?. Meantime iam trying to Be Aware of whole situation. Problem i see is i dont feel unhappy, miserable or any of those feelings using smart phone for long hours. Annie how is it going for u? What all you did?

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan Well, bad habits are rarely broken in a day, it's a process.

I don't have any addiction problems at all. The reason of this post is to find out what goes on in the minds of those affected because the phenomena is very interesting to me and I'm trying to understand it better. I don't even have a smart phone. On purpose. I try to be - and remain - as basic as possible. It's not always easy but for me personally it works best.

I can be your study case ? then.

I need to develop some ground rules regarding my phone usage.  I'll do that now.  This is a great reminder.  This is one of those little time robbers where the pennies add up to big debts.  A way to waste your life away.  I even need to schedule time to be on this forum, because this is helping me and giving me some support.  Like 30 mins per day only at a certain time.  For me after work is probably best.

Edited by Joseph Maynor