Joel3102

Depersonalisation

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so my depersonalisation is back, and it's really bad this time. Feel numb and detached (not in the good way), disconnected from reality etc, all the usual symptoms.

Anybody here dealt with DP disorder? Is it possible to overcome simply through higher consciousness and meditation? Keep in mind DP and spirituality/enlightenment are COMPLETELY different things, I've had experiences of both and they're almost polar opposite in my experience.

Help would be much appreciated going through a pretty rough time. 

@Joel3102 Get lots of excersise, sporting will make you more aware of your body and co-ordination.

Avoid caffeine (coffee, energy drinks), cortisol tends to create stress which further enhances your symptoms.

Cold showers, all things that make you feel alive and stimulate your touch/skin to be more in your body.

These are some things that are great at making that body/mind gap smaller.

Edited by Principium Nexus

@Joel3102

If we want to talk on this particular forum about what you are experiencing, we have to do it in the context of consciousness work. If you feel you need professional help, search for someone who can assist you. 

So in the context of Consciousness work, depersonalization is just one of the many experiences one seems to encounter on the path. It is an egoic defense. Imagine a kid whom you pushed back and forth while playing with it (doing C. work) and it has now gone mad and doesn't want to play any longer. Not with you, not with anyone else. Let it be. Let be what is. Pulling and pushing will do no good whatsoever. I would, however, suggest that you go on a lunch break in a children's park and look at the dynamics. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Joel3102 maybe you're not real, and maybe you are...

Accept that uncertainty. Trying to get rid of that uncertainty about whether this is all real is the problem. Avoiding these feelings will only cause them to happen more!