Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hsinav

Richard Dawkins Interviews Satish Kumar

7 posts in this topic

Fun interview. Dawkins has a lot of "matters" in mind.

Very fun and interesting. The way Kumar explain his holistic view kinda affected my consciousness hehe. Sick.

Nice. But I felt like Dawkins could have been more respectful to him. He had a bit of a condescending approach here. That guy is cool at this old age !! Very bright, warm, affectionate and his smile is lovely. 

By the way, this interview shouldn't have been a part of his skeptic series where Dawkins targets religious dogmatic folks and their blind ideas and tackles them with his objectivity.

There was nothing of that sort here. This was more like a debate between scientist and philosopher. 

This guy isn't weird in any way. The belief that rocks have a soul was more of a poetic metaphor rather than a dogmatic claim. 

It feels Dawkins was being a little snobbish in the end. Even that camera guy was being an asshole. Shouldn't have interrupted that way....crass. 

Could have done better. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

15 hours ago, Loreena said:

Nice. But I felt like Dawkins could have been more respectful to him. He had a bit of a condescending approach here. That guy is cool at this old age !! Very bright, warm, affectionate and his smile is lovely. 

By the way, this interview shouldn't have been a part of his skeptic series where Dawkins targets religious dogmatic folks and their blind ideas and tackles them with his objectivity.

There was nothing of that sort here. This was more like a debate between scientist and philosopher. 

This guy isn't weird in any way. The belief that rocks have a soul was more of a poetic metaphor rather than a dogmatic claim. 

It feels Dawkins was being a little snobbish in the end. Even that camera guy was being an asshole. Shouldn't have interrupted that way....crass. 

Could have done better. 

Well Dawkins is skeptic to anything wich I would say Is his good quality, but here Kumar is representing the high consciousness and Dawkins the low in my opinion..

I bet Kumar knows Dawkins level of conciussness just by looking at him 1 sec, still he treats him with such a respect. We all should treat each other like Kumar treats Dawkins. I learned a lot from this interview.

I actually like Dawkins, he is very honest and sharp even though he don't grasp what consciousness.

Isn't this debate funny? Because the one who is right(Chopra) feels like the arrogant one, and the one who is wrong(Dawkins) feels like the more coherent and honest one. :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

B/w where is loreena ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

5 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

B/w where is loreena ?

She is in Texas, Chapel Hill, starting a family and studying. She was/is great. She was very sensitive, funny and insightful. 

She might come back when she find time and motivation. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no?