Carlos

Does Spiritual Enlightened Explain The Whole Universe?

13 posts in this topic

Sorry for any grammar issue, I'm learning english.

Look, I'm 15 years old and I saw a few months ago the video about enlightened, I was consider to become a physicis (like Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawkings) because I realized that I'm really interest and have a lot of curiosity on undertanding things like how the universe, what is reality, how the universe started and many others, but specially those 3. I was thinking of taking the path of physics because no long ago I considered it the only way to truly and deeply understand this things, but then after watching the video of the most shocking truth you've ever heard a question inside of me came up.

Does enlightened explain the origins of the universe?

Can physics (or science in general) explain everything?

Should the human race go after the answer of how the universe started?

I wonder this because for me it's very importand to chose wheter I'm going to deicate my life to physics or chose something else, because aftert all my intention it's not to become a physicis necessarily but to find answer to these questions.

Thanks.

Physics and enlightenment sort of work in two different domains. Enlightenment will not reveal facts about the big bang to you. But it will answer the ultimate question of what existence is in a way that physics really can't because physics is ultimately a map of the territory, not the territory itself. All models of reality, no matter how good or accurate, are ultimately fictitious.

Your should really watch this video. It will save you years of dead-end searching: http://www.actualized.org/articles/the-ultimate-model-of-human-knowledge

If you care about understanding what existence literally is, physics will be of limited value. The only way to answer that question is to become directly conscious of your true nature. Because as it turns out, you are existence itself.

Does this mean physics doesn't have value? No, physics has it's purposes and it's useful. The question is more about what you're really after.

Enlightenment will help the human race far more than physical discoveries will. And don't forget that even if you knew all the physics in the world, your life would still be miserable if you neglect enlightenment. Physics cannot help your personal life or significantly raise your fulfillment levels while enlightenment can.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Physics and enlightenment sort of work in two different domains. Enlightenment will not reveal facts about the big bang to you. But it will answer the ultimate question of what existence is in a way that physics really can't because physics is ultimately a map of the territory, not the territory itself. All models of reality, no matter how good or accurate, are ultimately fictitious.

So if you care about understand what existence literally is, physics will be of limited value. The only way to answer that question is to become directly conscious of your true nature. Because as it turns out, you are existence itself.

Does this mean physics doesn't have value? No, physics has it's purposes and it's useful. The question is more about what you're really after.

@Leo Gura @Carlos @Carlos

Maybe in future science will be capable of explaining some subjects of metaphisic's domain.

I think we need more integration between sciencie, religion, enlightenment and metaphisics

to explore new paths towards the unanswered questions.

@Aldo Marchand Technically enlightenment IS science. The problem is that mainstream academic science refuses to acknowledge it because there is a bias against first-person phenomena and a bias towards rational explanations and modeling -- which are fundamentally incompatible with the truth of enlightenment.

But I agree that more integration is called for, and we are definitely headed in that direction as a society.

3 minutes ago, Aldo Marchand said:

@Leo Gura @Carlos @Carlos

Maybe in future science will be capable of explaining some subjects of metaphisic's domain.

I think we need more integration between sciencie, religion, enlightenment and metaphisics

to explore new paths towards the unanswered questions.

Is that even posible?

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Aldo Marchand Technically enlightenment IS science. The problem is that mainstream academic science refuses to acknowledge it because there is a bias against first-person phenomena and a bias towards rational explanations and modeling -- which are fundamentally incompatible with the truth of enlightenment.

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

Is that even posible?

@Carlos @Leo Gura

Yes the science is clearly manipulated by interests and tendencious points of view in the same way

that the opinion and power is controled by a few people on the world, but information can change that.

With the correct meditation, ego control, science and skills domain alot of human beings can be independent thinkers 

that can help to find a new way to organize the perspective of life.

A 360 degrees point of view is never possible with only two eyes.

@Leo Gura Do you mean that it is possible to explain enlithment with science, because it's science itself?

Enlightenment cannot be explained, period. Being cannot be explained. Being merely is. All explanations are ultimately delusions.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Enlightenment cannot be explained, period. Being cannot be explained. Being merely is. All explanations are ultimately delusions.

Can truth be explained?

@TruthSeeker Truth = Being. No, it cannot be explained because the explanation is itself truth. How can one piece of being explain another? Does one atom explain another atom? Does the color blue explain the color red? Does the smell of roses explain the taste of oranges? Facts cannot explain facts. Facts merely are. The whole exercise of explanation is founded upon delusion. Symbols are being used without proper awareness of what symbols actually are.

Hi Carlos!

Does enlightenment explain the origins of the universe?

No. Enlightenment explains the "Who", the "What", and the "When" of life. It does not explain the "How" or the "Why."

Ultimately, nobody can explain the "Why" of life without the explanation being false. "Why" are questions invented by language, and they don't apply when it comes to enlightenment.

Can physics (or science in general) explain everything?

No. They can only describe everything. See the difference? The main issue with science is that they completely leave out first person experience.

Should the human race go after the answer of how the universe started?

If we really want to, sure! We shouldn't expect to find any rock solid answers, though. 

Sorry to say this, Carlos, but you're never going to find rock solid answers to the origins of the universe. I wanted to be a researcher for very similar reasons: I wanted to answer life's big questions through science. It was only halfway through my studies that I realized that was impossible, and by then it was too late to switch majors. Now I'm stuck with a biology degree with little interest in science!

At the same time, I wouldn't worry too much right now about what you want to be. You're still young, and you will be surprised how much your interests may change in the next few years. 

Cheers!

JJ

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov