Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samir

Why Do We Keep Reminding Ourselves To Enjoy Life And Do Best Before We Die?

10 posts in this topic

There is always this question comes to my mind that if our life end up as nothingness as Leo says so why do we have to care much to do everything perfectly and to achieve most of our goal! So my point is in here that if we go towards nothingness then there would be no point to remember anything no matter what we do in this life, no matter if we have long or short life, happy or unhappy as it will all go to nothingness. However its different for religious people since they believe for another life afterwards. 

12 hours ago, Samir said:

why do we have to care much to do everything perfectly

In life, only mad people ask for perfection. The perfectionist is another name for someone who is getting ready to become mad. Relax into your being. Don’t have any ideals, don’t try to make something out of yourself, don’t try to improve upon God. You are perfect as you are. Perfectionism is a neurosis. It is an illness. And the more you try to become perfect, the more frustrated you will become. The goal of perfection has led the whole of humanity towards madness; the earth has almost become a madhouse.

A perfectionist is not only a perfectionist about himself, he is about others also. A man who is hard on himself is bound to be hard on others. His demands are impossible.

to achieve most of our goal!

Man has been conditioned down the centuries for goals, destinations, purposes, meanings -- that's how man has lived hitherto, with the goal-oriented ideology. That's why you go on thinking in terms of goal or destination. It is not you: it is the society that goes on thinking in you, through you; it is your parents, it is your priests, it is your politicians, it is your pedagogues, who go on thinking through you, and you are identified with them. You don't know that you are separate.

Enjoy Life

The more utilitarian a person is, the less he is fulfilled, the less he is blissful. The more utilitarian the approach- the more one is in business life-the less he is living, the less he is ecstatic. The part of the mind that cannot be made useful in the utilitarian world has been denied.

The utilitarian life is necessary but at a great cost: you have lost the festivity of life. Life becomes a festivity, a celebration, if all your potentialities come to a flowering; then life is a ceremony. Spirituality means transforming life into a celebration. The dimension of spirituality is the dimension of the festive, the nonutilitarian.

Do Best Before We Die?

Death is the culmination of life. In death the whole life is summed up, in death you arrive. Let me tell you in this way: whatsoever your life is, death reveals only that. If you have been miserable in life, death reveals misery. Death is a great revealer. If you have been happy in your life, death reveals happiness.

10 hours ago, Samir said:

@philosogi but will you be remembering then fun we go to nothingness?

When we go to nothingness, I'll be experiencing going to nothingness :) 

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

@philosogi you already experienced nothingness because you were nothing before you were born.

Why Do We Keep Reminding Ourselves To Enjoy Life And Do Best Before We Die?

Any story about life is one created by ego, which is only a fabrication, and not real. It's just a story, it's nothingness.

Truth is the only reality. Anything else is not true and not real.

Unconditional love is the expression of truth.

By being true, unconditional love becomes our expression. This is the ultimate life joy and the best we can be.

If we keep reminding ourselves to enjoy life and do our best, it is because we are not true and have become nothing in the first place. And deep down we know it. So the reminder is a declaration to wake up and be true and loving before we die as a person who missed the point in life.

16 hours ago, Samir said:

@philosogi you already experienced nothingness because you were nothing before you were born.

Yes, and?

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

Because we think we can die.

The funny thing that when you discover you can't die

You will want to create/savour life even more  :)

@Loreena That can happens too, but for most people living in the west, they come out of this phase.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin For me it's opposite

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly