Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany_Inspired

Pendulum, Intuition Or Subconscious?

6 posts in this topic

My pagan mother taught me to use a pendulum in my youth. If you don't know what I mean see this link: http://www.lovesedona.com/08.htm, (It's basically a crystal, or metal object that can swing back and forth or in a circle when you hold it with two fingers and your other hand underneath, it answers yes or no by the movement). Science minded folks always say, minute muscle movements must be causing the movement and direction...well, of course:

When I first learned, I thought it gave me yes or no answers from the universe, but my mom explained that the answers can only come from my own subconscious. Recently, I have been told the answers come from our intuition. I have had incredible guidance using this throughout my life (even if it seem flaky to you), but I am curious to hear from someone more knowledgeable, if it is specifically intuition or subconscious...as in: can our negative subconscious programming also effect the outcome?

4473854.jpg

On 4/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Epiphany_Inspired said:

...my mom explained that the answers can only come from my own subconscious. Recently, I have been told the answers come from our intuition.... can our negative subconscious programming also effect the outcome?

Intuition comes to us with unexplainable conviction, similar to knowing the truth. Where the subconscious is more quasi and lacking conviction.

My understanding and experience with intuition is that if I were using a pendulum and intuition presented itself, I would then already know the answer without further need of the pendulum.

If I was relying on the pendulum then my subconscious is already filtering out the intuition, to let it search for its own answers from the mind.

If I was relying on the love within me, even while using the pendulum, then intuition would have a better chance of presenting itself to my mind.

So in this regard, if relying on the pendulum to provide the answer, and not wishing any negative programming, I would use the pendulum only with a loving heart.

@Visitor Thanks so much..."only with a loving heart", so true! Thanks!

@Annie Yes, it's very much like Kinesiology....for example, it's the same way PSYCH-K uses muscles in your arm to speak with your subconscious...

I've been doing some experiments since posting this to try and determine if it's intuition or subconscious...it seems like it can be both...I am usually very intuitive, but I can get disconnected when I'm overwhelmed...it seems that  you can use a pendulum to tap into some intuition that may currently be clouded, if you have the right mindset...there is also a connection with your subconscious...like in kinesiology, and fear etc can effect your responses...that said, you can ask if fear is effecting the response...and what the response would be if you were 100% courageous instead....the trick is being intuitive enough without it, to know when the shadows of your lesser consciousness are effecting your responses....it's works like magic with smaller choices...but...I had hoped to get some guidance with a larger choice, and I've found that both paths get the same response...so far...but perhaps,  it's only a matter of finding the right questions...or finding another way to decide....thanks!

I think that it is subconscious, but the problem is that ego can step in sometimes and muck things up. You have to keep objective as possible when asking the questions. It doesn't bother me that it is the subconscious, because in my opinion, the subconscious can be very psychic and intuitive. If you believe in spirit guides, you can ask them questions, but I still think that they only tell the subconscious which way to answer, instead of manipulating the pendulum themselves.