Revolutionary Think

Where Do We Start?

25 posts in this topic

Well I'm just wondering if it's a coincidence that @Leo Gura put the Highest Hero Journey video near the time I opened up the what creates a hero thread. The problem is that with my journey I'm wondering where to start and where to start really means how to start. This is what you don't learn in school or in society. What I wanted to make my life purpose into is being a person somewhat of a leader that people could look up to and get inspiration from. Why I wanted to do this is because I went through a personal hell and basically this hell manifested itself in my childhood with my parents divorce and feeling really bad at school because I had trouble making friends and I really didn't like school because it felt like a prison. Older people around me told me when I grew up I'd understand that life has to be this way and the older you get the harder and more boring things are so get used to it because it's not going to get any better. I honestly thought those people were nuts and out of their minds and by seeing everything I saw at this age it turns out I was right at that age. 

So basically what I want to do now is help those young people out there who are going through the hell I was going through while I was growing up by doing something about this unhelpful education system and these terrible divorce laws that don't take into account how these younger people are feeling. The problem is though say if I'm successful with that and people love me for it. Would that love and recognition I crave so much right now lead it to just feeding my ego and that ego being fed being a bad thing that will make me ironically into a villain?? Really at this point I look back that I quit my job about the start of the new year to invest into my YouTube channel and blog full time and all I am doing is pounding the pavement and going through trial and error to get people to pay a little bit of attention. I released my newest video which is my best and gained 15 subscribers and I'm hoping that means something in the long run. 

I like to say that I started a meditation habit and Leo said that's the best thing we can do for ourselves. I've been meditating for a week sometimes I do it with a metronome that Leo said was a good way to stop monkey mind. Sometimes I do a guided meditation that I find a YouTube video and they have positive affirmations. I'm still on the fence about buying the life purpose course. The thing is that I already specified my life's purpose at a young age of being the person who changes the way the system works, who is going to use his influence to open up a conversation about the education system in a way that gets people talking, thinking and listening about ways to change it for the better. My purpose of one day making that fiery impassioned speech and holding nothing back in front of millions of people. That purpose of being a symbol of hope for the next generation that's confused about what they are doing and where they are headed. I want to become a person who speaks with scientists, doctors, and philosophers of what can be done to improve our world and living situation for the better be on the vanguard of science and technology. 

The problem is I think about this and it feels great at the moment. Then I realize something all I'm doing is sitting in front of the screen talking about the big lofty goals that I have for myself, humanity, and the future. The problem is I have no idea who I should talk to, how I should do any of this, and if anyone is out there who is willing to listen and take me seriously. I wish I lived in a real community where people got together and talked but, in a place like Los Angeles I feel like a fish out of water. I was born in this city but, this city is not a part of my DNA it's not a part of who I am and I share no interest in what is going on here. The last question I have is for those of you who have a life purpose in your head and kind of knew from a young age what it was has Leo's life purpose course helped you to get that purpose out of your head and actually do something with it in reality because right now I'd give anything for something like that.

On 4/18/2017 at 4:29 AM, Revolutionary Think said:

The problem is I think about this and it feels great at the moment. Then I realize something all I'm doing is sitting in front of the screen talking about the big lofty goals that I have for myself, humanity, and the future.

Pleasantly suprised that you said that yourself. So atleast now there's a chance you won't be stuck in fantasy land and realise that what is required is action. Once you start doing stuff alot of  your furstration and stress will melt away just by knowing you are now in the process of doing something about it.  Leo has a shit ton of free videos on youtube that explain how to take action and not procrastinate and backslide and kid yourself and all of that and much more. They are literally practical ideas to use and take into use starting from then and there. Makes me a little nauseous promoting his videos so much but you basically have what alot of people, including me, lack. And that is a life purpose. And he has everything else about how to make progress towards that in his videos. Even if your life purpose isn't something for me I envy you that you have something to chase so go and get it ;]

Also can't help but think that you have alot of unresolved issues due to this:

On 4/18/2017 at 4:29 AM, Revolutionary Think said:

Why I wanted to do this is because I went through a personal hell and basically this hell manifested itself in my childhood with my parents divorce and feeling really bad at school because I had trouble making friends and I really didn't like school because it felt like a prison.

which you are trying to resolve through this life purpose. Leo also has stuff about how to find peace with yourself and deal with negative emotions so you might want check those out. I mean if you grow to be stronger then maybe you'll be stronger and more able to help others too. Specially if you are not strong enough right now.

Disclaimer: this was a random person on the internet speaking.

Edited by HelloThere

Glad you could chime in. 

31 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Once you start doing stuff alot of  your furstration and stress will melt away just by knowing you are now in the process of doing something about it.

The problem is though that "doing something about it" is very vague. It's not exactly that I haven't been doing anything but, what I have been doing hasn't bared that much fruit. Don't get me wrong I'm a great public speaker and an all around confident person. I've done things like go to toastmasters and talk about the education system in a speech at toastmasters. Also I went to the poetry lounge which is an open mike that poets go to in Los Angeles and I made an entire poem about my frustration with the education system and I got a standing ovation. I created my own blog and I created a YouTube page a long time ago and released one of my masterpieces. I know my talents I'm a funny, passionate and interesting guy that thinks different from other people. Now the problem with speeches is that they don't stick. As in I go I give some kind give a passionate talk about something that affects people I get people who agree and people to talk to me afterwards. Then I give some of them my contact information and they hardly ever get back to me. To create some kind of sustainable movement I need people who stick not people who just talk to me in the moment have a conversation with me and we are all happy and passionate about what we talk about then after that I never hear or see them again. That's what bothers me the most.

I've also invested into myself a bit I bought an online program called JumpCut Academy that helps you realize your dreams of becoming known on YouTube and making a living from the way you monetize your idea or message. The problem is though that my message or idea isn't really as gimmicky or pop culturey as some of the other messages that will get more attention or brand deals because of it. 

All I know is this if I could get 5 or 6 like minded people around me and we could have a plan for social change and make a strategy on what to do with our message that would be the best but, right now I only have one other person who is helping me and that person has been my best friend since we were young in school. The other thing that I noticed is I'm good at helping people with their problems too because I tend to look at things from a rational and logical perspective and that helps people as well. I'm also glad that you put that disclaimer in because you know you don't have all the answers, I don't have all the answers, and even Leo doesn't have all the answers. 

This might be the case but, maybe you can be something more than that random person on the internet. If what I said here really resonated with you then we can chat in the private messaging and get to know each other a little bit more. You'll be surprised that some of my pen pals also started as random people on the internet as well. I had friends as far away as Israel, Japan, and New Zealand as just Facebook friends but, I spoke to them for so long online and got to know them so much that when I visited those countries I came to visit them. Was it a risk yes it was. Let me just say though that when I did decide to visit them I had a blast I had the best time of my life exploring their countries with them, asking them questions and getting to know them. A lot has been said that online friends aren't "real" friends but, when I went to visit my so called "online" friends they were as real and as amazing as can be. I think the most amazing thing is skype because with Skype the friends aren't just a picture and words on a screen you can see them and hear them so that makes them "real". Anyway I figure we're both here on this forum for a reason and that reason is to improve our lives in any way or form possible if you're interested in beginning a friendship let me know. It just gives me some faith in humanity that people take the time to respond and be helpful to other people. 

I also wanted to share this chat that I opened up on another forum about the topic of schools and happiness. http://www.sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32399 

Edited by Revolutionary Think

Although I don't agree with the education system very much, changing it isn't a personal goal in my life currently, I feel the whole of the way our society thinks and what it values would have to change first. That or the internet just becomes such an easy and ridiculously obvious place to learn stuff from compared to our current education system that it will sort of be deserted due to low demand. Haven't put much thought into it though and this is too wide of a problem(project I should say) to start tackling for me.

36 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

As in I go I give some kind give a passionate talk about something that affects people I get people who agree and people to talk to me afterwards. Then I give some of them my contact information and they hardly ever get back to me. To create some kind of sustainable movement I need people who stick not people who just talk to me in the moment have a conversation with me and we are all happy and passionate about what we talk about then after that I never hear or see them again.

36 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

All I know is this if I could get 5 or 6 like minded people around me and we could have a plan for social change and make a strategy on what to do with our message that would be the best but, right now I only have one other person who is helping me and that person has been my best friend since we were young in school.

Sounds like you have something in common with salesmen. You are trying to pitch an idea to people. Maybe look up what motivates people to get them on board or maybe somehow make a business out of it so that the people helping will work for cash. I honestly have no idea. I'm more curious about the different practical ideas in everyday personal growth and how well they hold water. All I know is that progress takes quite a bit of time and getting back up when things don't go your way. Best of luck. 

Oh and progress also probably takes not sitting around in forums reading peoples stories all evening as I am doing currently :D 

Edited by HelloThere

So what are you currently working on as of now? Have you come across any roadblocks?

I'm not even married :) my parents went through a divorce. Specifically it has nothing to do with the marriage and the divorce. I specifically disagree with the way in which when there are young children involved they have absolutely no representation. My story is too long to talk about now but, I felt as if I was in the middle of all the fighting and the schools, and the legal system were paying no attention to me and I didn't like how I never got any kind of counselor or therapist to talk to while it felt as if my life was falling apart. (I'm an only child mind you). If you'd like to know more you can private message me. 

This is the link to my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/revolutionarythinking  

Yes I am in California specifically West LA. Also I've improved my video content a lot since I bought the JumpCut program that cost $1000 if you look at some of my old videos I'm wondering if you'd say my camera presence was as good. I'm glad that it has improved over the months and years though. Recently actually about a week ago something happened that bothered me. I was in a bootcamp for the program where if you did well you would get to get a mentor ship from the founders of the program. People told me I won and I was so happy that I won but, later it turned out that people thought I won because of a glitch and I really didn't win so I became a bit frustrated. 

At the time where I thought I won and people were telling me I won there was this whole shift in my brain where I thought all my dreams and goals would be accomplished because the people mentoring me who created very successful channels would be able to help me in a way that gave me that kind of recognition and my message would finally be heard and people would know about what I stand for. 

Anyway as bothered as I am that it feels like I have to go this alone again I'm still keeping at it and my stuff has improved. Basically @My_Name_Is_Mud my life purpose is to go "back and help out". Long time ago I was talking to a rabbi about my past and the struggles and anger in my childhood. He compared it to this there were a group of people riding on horseback to reach a certain destination but, they came across some very strong water currents. Some of them made it across and some of them couldn't make it across and they drown but, the most noble among them who made it across weren't satisfied to see their friends drowning so they went back into the currents to help the people struggling to make it across. 

So basically when I compare this to myself is that I was really struggling with stress and depression through my childhood. I'm glad to say that most of that is no longer with me. I'm still trying to make it across though as in do something and get to a place where I am happy, financially stable, and really enjoying life. Then when I do get there it wont be enough to know that I'm in a good place but, some young people out there are in a really crappy place and struggling just like I was. That's why I concentrate on things like the education system and divorce laws because I'm trying to help those kids "make it across" when they might be struggling with depression or even suicide. Although I'd never want to relive my past I think it's a blessing and a curse at the same time because maybe if I didn't go through all that hell when I was younger I wouldn't appreciate what I have now as much as I do and maybe I wouldn't even have the passion to help the kids who I know are in a bad situation right now. Also if you want to read more about my story you can look at the Self Actualization Journal I titled: Becoming a Hero. 

What videos have you been watching and what do you think I should cultivate and what do you think I should do less of? Of course I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt or maybe even two grains of salt but, I think it's a good idea to know what people are thinking when they are watching to undo my own biases. 

Accept the call and start. IF you don't know what calling you then do what you fear most, probably turn out right :)

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

Ditto on not knowing where to start. The hero's journey sounds great and all (I just bought the book on it), but I have no idea how to start it or what I am supposed to do to follow it. 

Leo did say in one of his latest videos that he was going to make a video in the future about where to start in personal development. Maybe that will count for the hero's journey. I've been meditating for an hour for almost 4 months, working on the life purpose course, and reading some of the books recommended on the life purpose course. After the book on the hero's journey I will buy the book list. So I feel like I'm at least trying, and not just talking a good game, but I feel like there is more I can be doing. Then again if the test results come back bad in a month this might all be nothing.

Edited by TeamBills

Well @Revolutionary Think I don't see a purpose in life, I'm just being. Although, I also don't see my way as "right" so find your own way to what you seek if it brings contentment to do so.

@Revolutionary Think Absolutely, everything I do. if something extinguishes joy I stop doing it.

That doesn't equate to 'unpleasant' or 'not happy', joy is deeper than circumstances, it's anything that distracts me from just being and disturbs my peace, which is pretty high threshold, though.

@SOUL If you don't mind me asking were you always like this absolutely loving everything you do or did you learn to be like that? 

16 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

@SOUL If you don't mind me asking were you always like this absolutely loving everything you do or did you learn to be like that? 

I started so very miserable and troubled youth.

It can be a challenge to be at peace, en-joy and in love with life..

It took a while to get it though but I can still get distracted, life is complicated sometimes and the ego is easily distracted......squirrel!