Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ricachica

I did a 30 minute presentation on DMT in my psychopharmacology class!

9 posts in this topic

We were asked in the beginning of the semester to pick a drug category grouping, and obviously I picked psychedelicsB|. The professor then assigned us a specific drug, and I was assigned DMT.

This psychopharmacology class in general was a huge learning curve for me in general since my main focus is becoming an MFT/psychedelic-assisted therapist, not a researcher or psychiatrist, but I pushed myself because I know developing my knowledge on the psychopharmacology of psychedelics is still important!

I was soooo happy and excited to talk to the class about DMT, the presentation went very well and it was the first time I did not sweat, shake, or break my voice when speaking in front of a class. 

Just wanted to share a small but important milestone for me:)

DMT share.pdf

@ricachica congrats! Cool life purpose you’re carving out for yourself.

Nice man. I thought you meant you were literally on DMT when you presented this lol

On 11/5/2024 at 7:47 AM, ricachica said:

This psychopharmacology class in general was a huge learning curve for me in general since my main focus is becoming an MFT/psychedelic-assisted therapist

That sounds great man, hope you can contribute to society.

We are in need of people like you, that do good science about Psychedelics

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

On 5/10/2024 at 10:47 PM, ricachica said:

Just wanted to share a small but important milestone for me:)

DMT share.pdf

Pleasing aesthetic choices for the slides, lol

"Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): ▪ Study showed 57% in remission after 1 dose (Eckford, 2023)" <- this is earthshattering, and the fact that society isn't jumping on this like its a pile of gold is the real insanity.

I can tell you really love DMT. I hope it's not all theory, and you have taken the substance personally.

I'm curious about your psychedelic history if you're willing to share

It's Love.

@aurum Thanks! It's the small things for now that feel great :)

@Davino Thanks! My nose is to the ground all the time trying to find people who also interested, I thought there might be a bit more by now!

@RendHeaven Thanks!! It was finding a working balance of being educational/professional while also acknowledging the "trippyness" of it all. Other students had to present on drugs like various sedatives or antipsychotics etc, so their slides were appropriately dry looking lol. Didn't want to be too drastically different from the others, especially if this may have been their first introduction to psychedelics.

My professor was also very supportive of the presentation and added her own tidbits on the benefits of psychedelics in the coming future in therapy. Also, good to keep in mind that a DMT trip may only be 10-15 mins long. While a psilocybin or LSD trip is 6 to 12 hours long, respectively. This means that DMT's short trip may be an even better pairing when in therapy....though I will say it's obviously a much more intense trip which may outweigh the benefits of it's shortness if the client is more timid and wants something less intense even though it's for a greater length I would imagine. Can't wait to see what all the research indicates for each mental health disorder, like MDMA is looking to be better for PTSD than psilocybin for instance.

Yes I have tried DMT once! LSD and psilocybin about 20x, MDMA 3x. 

My DMT (it may have actually been 5-meo-DMT, I don't remember) experience was about 7 years ago, and I have great respect for it and am now willing to try again soon, especially now that I'm older and more mature lol.