What Am I

DMT + 5-MeO-DMT combination

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have experience combining DMT and 5-MeO-DMT? It seems to me that this combo could have some serious potential for putting someone in a rarefied state. They're both endogenous psychedelics whose natural release are likely involved in advanced states of meditation. I guess the question would be whether they're released in a particular ratio to produce a particular effect. Or perhaps it's all more complicated than I'm imagining.

I do have a small amount of personal experience with the combo in a 1:4 ratio with DMT being the higher. The ROA was subcutaneous injection. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly it was ~5mg/20mg, which was a pretty strong experience indeed. I get the feeling the 5meo was overpowering the DMT though, and it mostly became a 5meo trip with slight DMT visuals while lacking the DMT headspace. Whereas 20mg of DMT on its own would produce more of the DMT effects.

Would love to hear if anyone else has experimented.

Based on what I've read the 5-MeO-DMT tends to take over the experience.

10 minutes ago, halfknots said:

Right, I've read similar in all my searching, and I can attest to it in my own limited experience. I wonder what would happen if you increased the ratio in favor of DMT though. Maybe there's a point where the experience would 'click' into something more interesting.

Here's a trip report from Erowid that caught my attention. This person used a similar ratio to my own, which is a little confusing considering the content of the report. The experience they describe is closer to what I have in mind as a kind of special experience produced by the two substances.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=116663

Interesting that 5-MeO overpowers DMT even at that ratio.

Maybe you need a really tiny dose of 5-MeO to get a 50-50 effect. Something like 2mg maybe.

29 minutes ago, thenondualtankie said:

Interesting that 5-MeO overpowers DMT even at that ratio.

Maybe you need a really tiny dose of 5-MeO to get a 50-50 effect. Something like 2mg maybe.

It is interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the way 5meo has a crazy affinity to 5-HT1A receptors. It really is unique.

I'm thinking even 1mg or 0.5mg 5meo per 20mg of DMT. Thankfully that'd be very easy to do with the volumetric dosing inherent to IM/subq injecting.

5 hours ago, What Am I said:

It is interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the way 5meo has a crazy affinity to 5-HT1A receptors. It really is unique.

I'm thinking even 1mg or 0.5mg 5meo per 20mg of DMT. Thankfully that'd be very easy to do with the volumetric dosing inherent to IM/subq injecting.

Exactly. 5-MeO-DMT has a very, very high affinity and basically outcompetes everything else at the receptor sites

Posted (edited)

I recently experimented using a low dose at a 20:1 ratio. It's shocking to think that the 5meo could have such a strong effect on the overall experience at such a relatively low dose, but it does seem to be the case. I wouldn't say it entirely overrides the DMT, but it's as if it morphs the experience into something different. Maybe even something unique. It's hard to know for sure because the trip was too modest to be significantly impactful, so more experimentation will be needed using a higher dose.

Edited by What Am I

On 30.4.2024 at 10:29 PM, halfknots said:

Same on LSD.

5 Meo overrides it and you just have a typical 5 Meo energy. You becomr automatically introverted.

I'll try it someday. I'll buy 2 pens one DMT and the othen one 5MeO and I will vape the at the same time.