Iulius

First 5 Meo trip in 2 days. Kindly answer some questions

12 posts in this topic

Myself and a friend have had the privilege to receive a gift, 1g of Bufo Alvarius dried toad venom. We are going to be each other's sitters. We have both experienced psychedelics before, mushrooms, lsd and changa (but never 5meo). We have set our intentions and our minds and hearts are opened to receive whatever the experience will unfold. We are ready and willing to surrender with utmost respect.

My questions follow, kindly advice and share your perspective. I read many posts but I still wish to hear from you:

*  should we do it indoor in a cozy attic or go somewhere far in nature?
* What dose you recommend for our first try? Asking this because I read the venom contains dmt but not as much as the syntethic 5meo.
* What are some ways to prepare even more? I've read that breathing exercises are recommended. Affirmations also. Some prefer a background music while others do it in silence.

Thank you brothers, any opinions are welcome 

Posted (edited)

1. Wherever you feel safer. If both are equally safe, I personally would be outdoors with my skin in contact with the Earth.

2. I recommend starting with 10-20 mg. The concentration of 5-MeO-DMT in dried venom can vary and it's better to be safe. By starting low you also give yourself time and space to acclimate to what it actually means to let go. You can always take more, but there's no undoing too large of a dose.

3. Clean diet, fasting, sobriety, breathwork, and meditation can help set the stage. You must come to the experience with an empty stomach. Some people vomit, and if that's the case it's better to only release some water. Whoever is sitting must be ready, willing, and able to appropriately respond to all possible reactions including but not limited to: laughing, weeping, vomiting, screaming, shaking, thrashing, and attempting to get up and walk/run away.

What matters is that your physical body is safe, and that you continue to release and relax into the experience as it unfolds. As you unfold into...you.

If you have any more questions or want to further discuss anything please ask. Wishing you all the best. This is a powerful and beautiful medicine.

Edited by halfknots

Take raw ginger ,30 minutes before against nausea

17 minutes ago, halfknots said:

1. Wherever you feel safer. If both are equally safe, I personally would be outdoors with my skin in contact with the Earth.

2. I recommend starting with 10-20 mg. The concentration of 5-MeO-DMT in dried venom can vary and it's better to be safe. By starting low you also give yourself time and space to acclimate to what it actually means to let go. You can always take more, but there's no undoing too large of a dose.

3. Clean diet, fasting, sobriety, breathwork, and meditation can help set the stage. You must come to the experience with an empty stomach. Some people vomit, and if that's the case it's better to only release some water. Whoever is sitting must be ready, willing, and able to appropriately respond to all possible reactions including but not limited to: laughing, weeping, vomiting, screaming, shaking, thrashing, and attempting to get up and walk/run away.

What matters is that your physical body is safe, and that you continue to release and relax into the experience as it unfolds. As you unfold into...you.

Perfect 👍

I prefer indoors and as little distraction as possible with 5-MeO.

When it really starts to hit you, breathe, relax your body and let go, you'll be fine..

36 minutes ago, Grateful Dead said:

Perfect 👍

I prefer indoors and as little distraction as possible with 5-MeO.

When it really starts to hit you, breathe, relax your body and let go, you'll be fine..

Yes it really does depend on the quality of the space, whether indoors or outdoors. 

As was previously suggested 10-20 mg would be a good test dosage to see how you react.  On a high precision scale that would be .02 grams.  As a rule of thumb, Bufo has 10% 5-meo.   So a 20 mg Bufo dosage would be roughly equivalent to 2 mg synthetic 5-meo.   Put it in an oil burner lamp and vaporize it with a torch lighter.  Wait until the bulb fills with smoke turning yellowish.  Then inhale slowly and hold for 30 seconds.

If you sit for someone, you are taking on a lot of responsibility because virtually anything can happen.  Do you know how to guide someone who panics or turns violent?  Do you know CPR?   But at 10-20 mg, it will be very quick and won’t last that long.   Stick with a low dose.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

As was previously suggested 10-20 mg would be a good test dosage to see how you react.  On a high precision scale that would be .02 grams.  As a rule of thumb, Bufo has 10% 5-meo.   So a 20 mg Bufo dosage would be roughly equivalent to 2 mg synthetic 5-meo.

Let's get it straight please. 20 mg is equal to 0.02g not 0.2g. To convert milligrams(mg) to grams(g), you divide by 1000 because there are 1000 milligrams in a gram. Can you confirm? I wouldn't want to take a 10x dose 😀

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Iulius said:

Let's get it straight please. 20 mg is equal to 0.02g not 0.2g. To convert milligrams(mg) to grams(g), you divide by 1000 because there are 1000 milligrams in a gram. Can you confirm? I wouldn't want to take a 10x dose 😀

Yes,  20 mg is .02 grams as I said in my previous post.   

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Thank you all! Here's my very short trip report.

Decided to do it indoors as our first 5moe trip. The space was very cozy, colorful, dimmed lights, lots of cushions. My friend was sitting in front of my with a glass pipe of 0.09 mg of Bufo. I had no fears, no anxiety and started slowly inhaling for about 30 seconds until no smoke was left. As the vision was transcending, I smiled at him, made a namaste gesture, pulled a blanket over me while laying down the released the smoke following by another long, deep and calm inhale. So there I was..  a fetus of the universe, a pure innocence, a crystalline light enjoying and marveling at the miracle existence... that just... is...Compared to my previous psychedelics I could sense no more difference between 5meo and dmt / changa, except there were no more visuals. Just me. Coming back, I enjoyed a smooth return. As parts of myself would gradually return, I could see clarity the rough edges of my person, my attachments to relationships, habits (both positive and negative), how to be more loving, kind, compassionate and add more value and beauty to the world. 10/10. Thank you!

@Iulius congratulations! Good start

Sounds like you didn't have much anxiety and trip went very well.

Excellent start, I'm glad to hear it was well received.