enchanted

How does God create the world around itself?

25 posts in this topic

On 13/4/2024 at 9:37 PM, enchanted said:

Like how? What mechanism. What is the mode of creation? 

It just is

Stay with Reality, long enough, deep enough, be at ease with what is

Then maybe, it will reveal itself to you. Without trying to get it, change it or understanding, just being with it, with yourself, existing. Sit alone and try it out.

Also it is said here (and other places) that "I am God" but also there is no "me". How can no-self and "I am God" both be true? 

You think you are a human existing. To break free from that you realize that you are existence being a human

But, what is existence you may wonder?

Existence is Infinity and that's all there is

I've been thinking about this for hours now so any input is appreciated. 

That may be the problem. It does not require thinking, it requires consciousness. By whatever means increase your awareness of this present experience that is happening. So much so that all tensions, doubts and doings, dissolve in the ever present existence. From pure being, all encompassing, awake, silent, knowing comes.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes strong and mature. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available. Discipline this life & Realize God

Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2024 at 3:37 PM, enchanted said:

Also it is said here (and other places) that "I am God" but also there is no "me". How can no-self and "I am God" both be true? 

The “I am” is existence, basically God. I am means I exist. It’s not a self. 

(But everything I say it’s just words trying to explain what can’t be said explained.)

So there’s a big I am that is God and inside this I am, you can find the little egos that also think they are and have existence separated from the big I am.

There’s no me or self means those little I am really don’t exist, they are just manifestations of the big One. God, I am or whatever you wanna call it.

Edited by abrakamowse
Grammar

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Pure absolute qualia

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Question: Who or what created this Reality?

Answer: Awareness does not create, because it is non-dual. Action is required for creation, and awareness is actionless (akarta). If awareness doesn’t create, who does?

Ignorance creates. It is beginningless, beautiful and intelligent. We call it Isvara. Some call it God. Like awareness, Ignorance is not a created object. It is inherent as a possibility in awareness. It is simply the power of not-knowing. But this not-knowing is unique, it creates the whole universe. It is the substance of the universe – matter – the physical, moral and psychological laws that govern the universe and the sentient beings that populate it.

When did your ignorance of anything, including your limitless self, begin? It is always present (anaadi) until knowledge removes it. It is always present because the self is always present. It creates a major problem: the belief that objects exist independently of the self and that they contain happiness. Unless it is removed, samsara continues. Its most peculiar characteristic: it does not die a natural death. Everything it creates dies naturally, but it tenaciously continues unless you work hard to kill it.

Because Ignorance is prior to time, the idea that one day we will all automatically get enlightened is nonsense. Although you cannot remove it by typical actions, you can remove it by exposing your mind to the teachings of Vedanta. If your mind is open and you are properly taught by a qualified teacher, the means of knowledge will remove it for you. Keeping the mind open is the discipline that sets the stage for Vedanta’s magic to work. When it is clear how Ignorance creates, the creation – as you understand it – will disappear, but not in the way that you imagine it now.

Source: Inquiry into Existence (Panchadasi), page 19

18 hours ago, James Swartz said:

Question: Who or what created this Reality?

Answer: Awareness does not create, because it is non-dual. Action is required for creation, and awareness is actionless (akarta). If awareness doesn’t create, who does?

Ignorance creates. It is beginningless, beautiful and intelligent. We call it Isvara. Some call it God. Like awareness, Ignorance is not a created object. It is inherent as a possibility in awareness. It is simply the power of not-knowing. But this not-knowing is unique, it creates the whole universe. It is the substance of the universe – matter – the physical, moral and psychological laws that govern the universe and the sentient beings that populate it.

When did your ignorance of anything, including your limitless self, begin? It is always present (anaadi) until knowledge removes it. It is always present because the self is always present. It creates a major problem: the belief that objects exist independently of the self and that they contain happiness. Unless it is removed, samsara continues. Its most peculiar characteristic: it does not die a natural death. Everything it creates dies naturally, but it tenaciously continues unless you work hard to kill it.

Because Ignorance is prior to time, the idea that one day we will all automatically get enlightened is nonsense. Although you cannot remove it by typical actions, you can remove it by exposing your mind to the teachings of Vedanta. If your mind is open and you are properly taught by a qualified teacher, the means of knowledge will remove it for you. Keeping the mind open is the discipline that sets the stage for Vedanta’s magic to work. When it is clear how Ignorance creates, the creation – as you understand it – will disappear, but not in the way that you imagine it now.

Source: Inquiry into Existence (Panchadasi), page 19

Any adherence to any one teaching alone is not truth. Vedanta has some of the truth, but it is very limited. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.