Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJ

[book] Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert T. Kiyosaki (9/10)

9 posts in this topic

This is not a "spiritual" book. Its a great book about something that we have to deal with everyday, money. It does a great job of explaining the difference between financial assets and liabilities. Taken from wiki..." It advocates the importance of financial independence and building wealth through investing, real estate investing, starting and owning businesses, as well as increasing one's financial intelligence to improve one's business and financial aptitude."

Yep an amazing book. I read it when it first came out. Still a favorite. Definitely recommend ?

Great book. I read it. And would recommend it to anyone seeking financial improvement.

Thanks guys, seems just like a book that I need :) Wrote it down on my "to buy" book list.

I love this book. This book explains the concepts in a very simple way and also the story line and humor makes it fun to read.

As a finance book this is rather very enjoyable to read and also no previous knowledge about finance is required to understand the complex concepts in this book because the way Robert T. Kiyosaki explains them is quite remarkable.

"The #1 Personal Finance Book Of All Time"-Rich Dad Poor Dad

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

I really don't have anything good to say about this book.

With all respect to R.K. as an author I think this book is more a feel-good book than genuine applicable advice.

No real finance advice is given, just a story.

The story part is really interesting and worth a read (true or not), for the psychological implications of wealth management more than anything other the author brushes on. With regards to house flippin' and the complex concepts, there aren't any. Try to apply the advice and you can't. You don't have any contacts, no knowledge of applicable laws, no houses to flip. 

I read the book some years ago, thought it was great, but moving on trough life and reading other books, my opinion changed greatly.

The rich dad poor dad dichotomy is not a good way to perceive the world. Why?

I don't know, for me it just feels wrong. I couldn't find any real application of the book, no I haven't flipped any houses.

Would love to hear your reasons, did you manage to apply this advice to some part of your life? Cheers!

This book inspired me to pursue passive income and here I am, getting small but steady streams of cash.

I love this book , what you have been taught  about money on schools  turns out to be wrong , learn the principles about building wealth from this guy ! It will dispel a lot of miss conceptions and make you question your hole decision about going to college or no. It's powerful and counter intuitive.