OBEler

Losing your awareness

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was after one 5 Meo trip scared to loose my awareness, I deeply feared to really cease to exist. I could not grasp or hold on to any sensations (thoughts included) with my consciousness.l fighted against this.

My question is, is it really possible to loose my awareness and is this the real breakthrough experience? What happens then? Do I just get KO and cannot remember anything? 

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

Losing awareness during a 5-MeO-DMT trip, including feeling non-existent, is part of the process.

If you're scared, it shows what you need to face. Welcome this fear; it's key to growth.

Getting 'knocked out' or forgetting parts of the trip is also normal.

Edited by shree

@shree yeah but what would happen if the effects were a bit stronger. Can I really loose awareness? What happens after loosing awareness, can I loose awareness completely or have I always still some awareness? 

Posted (edited)

Losing awareness is not a breakthrough experience. A breakthrough experience is when you are conscious.

Losing awareness is like falling alseep. It doesn't gain you anything other then maybe rest.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@shree yeah but what would happen if the effects were a bit stronger. Can I really loose awareness? What happens after loosing awareness, can I loose awareness completely or have I always still some awareness? 

In my first 15 5MeO trips, I lost awareness and only felt huge energy but couldn't remember anything.

It took many tries and testing doses from 2 to 25 mg (vaped) to find what works. Now, 2 mg lets me breakthrough easily. If I were advising, I'd suggest trying several 2 mg doses over two hours to see how it feels.

Another option could be a single dose of 5-MeO MALT.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Losing awareness is like falling alseep. It doesn't gain you anything other then maybe rest.

Why does so much consciousness feel dangerous to the system? You feel really alive but it has some taste of danger to the body, it asks you in a way to return to homeostasis.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes strong and mature. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available. Discipline this life & Realize God

@Davino that makes sense thank you!

1 hour ago, Davino said:

Why does so much consciousness feel dangerous to the system? You feel really alive but it has some taste of danger to the body, it asks you in a way to return to homeostasis.

@Leo Gura ok this is good to know. I want to stay conscious.

3 hours ago, shree said:

Losing awareness during a 5-MeO-DMT trip, including feeling non-existent, is part of the process.

If you're scared, it shows what you need to face. Welcome this fear; it's key to growth.

Getting 'knocked out' or forgetting parts of the trip is also normal.

Ok l never got really knocked out I was just very close. Good to know that not much is expected if this happens. I thought this is the initiation for an ego death (never experienced this really) so I get extra fear of the unknown 

How can awareness lose awareness. I never heard of such a thing. I guess so because the eye can lose it's sight. But the eye is like an object and awareness is not. 

Isn't awareness, though, the "thing" that's aware that it's losing awareness. Like saying I'm aware that I'm aware. So if you're aware that you're losing awareness, isn't that awareness that's aware of losing awareness, the utmost Awareness. Seems what you're talking about is losing consciousness or memory. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

How can awareness lose awareness. I never heard of such a thing. I guess so because the eye can lose it's sight. But the eye is like an object and awareness is not. 

Isn't awareness, though, the "thing" that's aware that it's losing awareness. Like saying I'm aware that I'm aware. So if you're aware that you're losing awareness, isn't that awareness that's aware of losing awareness, the utmost Awareness. Seems what you're talking about is losing consciousness or memory. 

Good question then it was maybe loosing consciousness like a black out. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Davino said:

Why does so much consciousness feel dangerous to the system?

It can be.

You could fry your nervous system. Which is why don't dose too high.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It can be.

You could fry your nervous system. Which is why don't dose too high.

Some months ago I was depressed when I discovered that. I wanted to become more conscious than what psychedelics or my body allowed me to without dying... It sometimes scares me how much love I have for becoming ever more conscious and awake.

That faded away and I'm working my way up to handle higher God-Realization without literally becoming so conscious that I die. I'm enjoying more than ever my everyday life but what would I give to not have any limits whatsoever regarding Awakening, oh I would give it all!

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes strong and mature. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available. Discipline this life & Realize God

On 4/9/2024 at 9:34 AM, OBEler said:

I was after one 5 Meo trip scared to loose my awareness, I deeply feared to really cease to exist. I could not grasp or hold on to any sensations (thoughts included) with my consciousness.l fighted against this.

My question is, is it really possible to loose my awareness and is this the real breakthrough experience? What happens then? Do I just get KO and cannot remember anything? 

That sounds not like loosing awareness but like getting close to Ego death. This is exactly what Ego death feels like. Loosing SELF-awareness (metaconsciousness), not consciousness per se. Your sense of self is toast and your Ego fights against that.

7 hours ago, MaDoubt said:

That sounds not like loosing awareness but like getting close to Ego death. This is exactly what Ego death feels like. Loosing SELF-awareness (metaconsciousness), not consciousness per se. Your sense of self is toast and your Ego fights against that.

Yeah I agree with you it sounds like ego death but I articulated this sentence not accurate. It was more a fear of black out in a second. Just loosing my awareness.