LittoDitto

Normal Day

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Today I'm having a normal day which I probably experience once every 150 days or so. Why do you think this is, and how can I create more of these days?

I've asked this question to myself on these rare days, but I haven't come up with anything particularly conclusive.

All of my current traumas are dormant. Thus creating a normal day.

I have never gone to therapy, taken psychedelics, or taken anti-depressants. I do consider doing these things on a daily basis. For about 6 months I have taken small steps everyday to try to help/heal my traumas.

My other days I would consider as major depression.

Finally I've been in major depression for about 3 years.

Edited by LittoDitto

Have you sought any professional medical help?

What is stopping you from asking for help? Isolation is just going to prolong your recovery.

You mentioned suicidal thoughts on a previous topic, have they vanished?

Good that you are making progress, keep persisting at helping/healing yourself.

Your avatar is funny.

You can find a good psychologist, psychedelics never have done anything for me.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@QVx I have not yet. But it's on the to-do list =)

@Cheese Uhm, previously I thought Psychotherapy was wrong, then I thought I could do it by watching videos and researching and what not, now I think you don't really know what it is unless you experience it first hand. Unfortunately the suicidal thoughts remain. 

@Schizophonia Thank you!

@LittoDitto I've been holding off therapy for a really long time. It's amazing how much one can take before it becomes unbearable. Not to scare you, but if you keep waiting – more likely than not – it's only getting worse. Make sure you get help, doing your own research can only do so much. I know what it's like to have therapy on the to-do list, the perfect time to get started will never come, so start by taking miniature steps towards it.

IFS is what I can recommend, it's a powerful tool to help you heal trauma. Just look up some therapists, check out their website and note them down, some do online sessions too, so you're not necessarily bound by your location (although I recommend seeing them in person if possible).

Next step you call, email or text them to give them a short overview about your situation. They'll guide you through it from there, so all you gotta do is make contact. Let the world know you're in need of help.

https://www.actualized.org/insights/ifs-therapy-for-trauma-healing

https://ifs-institute.com/practitioners

@LittoDitto Yo, thanks for the response! I was on several times on therapy during my life but it didnt help. The problem was that i was not open and vulnerable to talk about difficult issues with a therapist. It took me 2 years to acknowledge that I had suicidal thoughts and as fearful as i was, I could only tell that to my therapist when I was high on opiate painkillers. It was difficult and alot of emotional pain due to trauma. So I understand to some degree how it must feel for you.