Jayson G

Ive accepted the job + business path, a bit worried

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I decided it no longer makes sense to stay at home. 

Being in my late 20s, I know I have to get out in the world, build a social life, travel, etc. 

My mom has a business analyst position, gotten people with no experience that, and she wants to help me get one. I'm excited. It pays 120k+ per year starting salary. I can see a great path of making money from this over time. 

It will be remote, so instead of 8 hours + 2 hours commute and all that, it'll be like 5 hours a day of solid work, but with breaks like 6.5. 

I plan to continue this business Im working on, its something not just for money but Im very passionate about, but until I get settled in the job I want to just do 10 minutes a day, then ramp it up to 2 hours a day in job when I'm comfortable, 5 hours on Saturdays then. 

A part of me just really wants to stay comfortable and not grind so much, but I don't have much of a choice either. I would probably get used to it, like jumping in an ocean and learning how to swim. 

I know I can do this path, of job + business, being in a new city, starting a new social life and all that, but I'm partly nervous. 

Has anyone taken on this path? especially from years of doing business to this job + business path? Anything I should expect? any insights to know, traps to be aware of? 

I'm a bit concerned because I've never worked for a big company. My mom says I have business analyst experience, which I see that I do, but I can't help but feel like an impostor right now since I haven't officially done it (like I've done it, but not as an official job position), and then going from a life of not much socializing to a lot of daily socializing seems intimidating. 

I've done these things before, just in a long time I've been just by myself, kind of away from the world, just working on this business. 

Yeah I just was curious if anyone has done something similar, and has any insights? 

Edited by Jayson G
To include important details

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

Learn to enjoy working and the challenge and satisfaction you brings you. Make sure each dollar you earn has a purpose for your budget and goals. Enjoy life.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

25 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Learn to enjoy working and the challenge and satisfaction you brings you. Make sure each dollar you earn has a purpose for your budget and goals. Enjoy life.

Thanks, needed to hear that .. I could probably learn to enjoy working much more

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.