Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SOUL

Does Trigger Culture Have Any Spiritual Implications?

8 posts in this topic

*********TRIGGER WARNING**********

In our pursuit for inner peace we sometimes face difficult realities about ourselves, others and the world around us.

Is this growing trigger mindset among the populace have any immediate or long range implications for spirituality, inner work, enlightenment and self awakening?

Will spiritual guides, teachers, motivators or any of the other type of self workers who lead the way in speaking out about the sometimes challenging things in life be the target of the trigger happy....er....sad?

Does this trigger mindset hinder the individual's potential for inner peace and/or enlightenment in any way?

Reading this article I heard echoes of what I go through in attempting to awaken, enlighten and create inner peace as being something these trigger minded are unable to face let alone even know exist somewhere in the universe without a complete meltdown because of it.

I don't want this to turn into a debate about the pros and cons in the practice of extreme PC culture, I'm just seeking discussion in a spirituality, inner work and self awakeners perspective and the potential effects and influences on someone seeking that experience.

EDIT: That being said I support all lifestyles and peoples, I wish no harm mentally, emotionally, physically or spiritually to anyone!

***If this starts to go off the rails I will ask for it to be locked/deleted so be respectful of others, please. Thank you! Peace!

Edited by SOUL

I was thinking to myself the other day that it seems like people that get triggered are doing a lot of projection. Even if the thing someone says is distasteful, the fear, hurt, anger that arises within you is under your jurisdiction. It is not very wise to go around trying to change the world to try to ease your emotions. That negates self reflection and self responsibility.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Project. Reflect. Mirror those as if they are you.. See yourself cuz you are cellf inside each of us is our own self.

3 minutes ago, Annetta said:

Have some triggers, they're annoying.
All people should work on them if they are there.  They should not be coddled in any way.
Butterfly struggle story is a great example.

Yuuup. I work on my triggers on 30 day challenges to prove mycellf and mind. One cell one life body mind. Infinite energy.

Natureboytv. I love myself. Reflect love vibration.

Trigger culture is a result and perfect example of the age old problem of projecting your own issues onto the external world.  No one wants to take ownership for their own psychological shit.  I don't blame them though, it can be extremely painful at first.  

Vegan. No caffeine. I challenge my mind too. Daily to intake positive reject negative. Over come over eating. Learn cellf love. 30 days walking outside for 30 minutes without shoes. Just keep pushing the norm. 

I had some of the love to hurt myself habits in my youth. Although my upbringing groomed a high angst and anxiety disposition so it was many years before I transformed it significantly.

Occasionally I hear echoes of it in my consciousness but that old "signal" is weak and distant so now it serves as a path marker of how far I have come since then.