Benjamin Curtis

Enjoy Osho

9 posts in this topic

A very video from India's  great master Osho Rajneesh. Welcome to the land of Osho 

40 minutes ago, Lavender said:

A very video from India's  great master Osho Rajneesh. Welcome to the land of Osho 

India is not just geography or history. It is not only a nation, a country, a mere piece of land. It is something more. For almost ten thousand years, thousands of people have reached to the ultimate explosion of consciousness. Their vibration is still alive, their impact is in the very air; you just need a certain perceptivity, a certain capacity to receive the invisible that surrounds this strange land.

It is strange because it has renounced everything for a single search, the search for the truth. It has not produced great philosophers -- you will be surprised to know it -- no Plato, no Aristotle, no Thomas Aquinas, no Kant, no Hegel, no Bradley, no Bertrand Russell. The whole history of India has not produced a single philosopher -- and they have been searching for truth!

Certainly their search was very different from the search that has been done in other countries. In other countries people were thinking about truth; in India, people were not thinking about truth -- because how can you think about truth? Either you know it, or you don't; thinking is impossible, philosophy is impossible. It is absolutely an absurd and futile exercise. It is just like a blind man thinking about light -- what can he think? He may be a great genius, may be a great logician -- it is not going to help. Neither logic is needed nor genius is needed; what is needed is eyes to see.

Philosophy means thinking, and thinking is circular -- about and about, it never reaches to the point of experiencing.

India is the only land in the whole world, strangely, which has devoted all its talents in a concentrated effort to see the truth and to be the truth.

You cannot find a great scientist in the whole history of India. It is not that there were not talented people, it is not that there were not geniuses. Mathematics was founded in India, but it did not produce Albert Einstein. The whole country, in a miraculous way, was not interested in any objective research. To know the other has not been the goal here, but to know oneself.

For ten thousand years millions of people persistently making a single effort, sacrificing everything for it -- science, technological development, riches -- accepting poverty, sickness, disease, death, but not dropping the search at any cost... it has created a certain noosphere, a certain ocean of vibrations around you.

If you come here with a little bit of a meditative mind, you will come in contact with it. If you come here just as a tourist, you will miss it. You will see the ruins, the palaces, the Taj Mahal, the temples, Khajuraho, the Himalayas, but you will not see India -- you will have passed through India without meeting it. It was everywhere, but you were not sensitive, you were not receptive. You will have come here to see something which is not truly India but only its skeleton -- not its soul.

If you are meditating, trying to be silent, you are allowing the real India to come in contact with you. The way you can find truth in this poor country you cannot find anywhere else. It is utterly poor, and yet spiritually it has such a rich heritage that if you can open your eyes and see that heritage you will be surprised. Perhaps this is the only country which has been deeply concerned with the evolution of consciousness and nothing else. Every other country has been concerned with a thousand other things. But this country has been one-pointed, a single goal: how human consciousness can be evolved to a point where it meets with the divine; how to bring the human and the divine closer.

Excerpt from :

The Osho Upanishad
# 21, Only the real can meet the real

2 hours ago, John Flores said:

Buddhism in general taps the most into what non dual teachings are all about and really gets the westerner uneasy (which is good). The question of existence to a westerner is so mind-boggling, they push you away and say "how dare you try teaching me this EASTERN insanity!" Lol

The east has suffered because the east became feminine. It lost zest, enthusiasm to live, it lost energy. It became very fatalistic, it became very relaxed. The whole history of the east is the history of being conquered by others; a history of poverty, a history of no science, no technology. It is not a beautiful history.

Yes, a few beautiful people happen: Buddha, Mahavir, Krishna, Kabir, Nanak, Dadhu -- a few beautiful people; but they are exceptional, they cannot be counted. The greater mass, the greater humanity, has lived in a very ugly way, a miserable way, in deep anguish. At this cost, if one Buddha happens, and one Kabir and one Nanak, it is not of worth. The cost is too much.

The west has suffered from male orientation: conflict, struggle, violence, fight, and no rest, no possibility of any relaxation; a great tension in the mind, hankering for speed, ambition; competition, a cut throat competition, each fighting with everybody else -- a very hostile atmosphere. Of course, it has created mad people, it has created neurotic people. Still, a few beautiful people have exited on the fringe: a Christ, a Saint Teresa, a Saint Francis and an Eckhart. But this cannot be said to be a success: the philosophy has failed. The east and west have both failed.

Kipling was wrong when he said: East is east and west is west, and the twain shall never meet. They can meet; they HAVE to meet. Now everything will depend on it, even the possibility of a future humanity will depend on that meeting. Kipling has to be proved wrong. They have not met up to now, that is true. Kipling is right about the past, but wrong about the future -- HAS to be wrong. Otherwise humanity cannot exist. Both are suffering the east from outward poverty, the west from inner poverty. Both have tremendously failed -- grand failures, but failures.

A man has to be synthesis of will and surrender. A man has to grow his willpower, his ego, first. If life is going to be for an average of seventy years, then thirty-five years, the beginning of life, should be devoted to strengthening the ego and willpower. And one should listen to Nietzsche, and one should listen to Steiner, and one should listen to Freud -- and the ego has to be strengthened, made VERY integrated.

And after the thirty-fifth year one has to learn relaxing, dropping the ego, and becoming more and more surrendered to the divine. The west is the first part of life; the east is the second part of life. Life should start like western and should end like eastern. One should first go into he world; in the world, will will be needed. One should go and fight and struggle, because struggle gives you sharpness intelligence. But one should not continue fighting and fighting to the very end. Then what is the point?

Fight, sharpen your intelligence, know the ways of the world, wander all over the world, be a conqueror, and then... then move inwards. You have known the outside; now try to know the inner. And to know the inner one has to relax. One has to forget anxiety, anguish, tension. One has to be non-competitive; will is not needed. To conquer the world will is needed. 

Osho was a weird cat.  I liked the video, but man does that dude come across as a charismatic insane person like Charles Manson.  My mind is not sure what to make of him to be honest.  

5 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

but man does that dude come across as a charismatic insane person like Charles Manson.

Osho mentioned Charles Manson in his talks once

Millions die but they die a wrong kind of death, because they yield, they surrender, they become slaves.

Just the other night I was reading about this murderer, Charles Manson. When the court sentenced him to death, he laughed. He said, "Ha, ha! What are you doing? - trying to kill me and I have always been dead!" I liked that statement: "I have always been dead. You killed me when I was a child. My parents killed me, my society killed me, and because everybody killed me, I took revenge - I murdered innocent people. And now you are sentencing me to death? Ha ha! Trying to kill a dead man! I have never been alive."

But that's how millions of people are: they have never been alive - they were born dead or were immediately killed the moment they were born, or we started poisoning them and sooner or later we got hold of them. My own feeling and observation is that by the time a girl is three and a boy is four they are butchered.

Jesus lived a long life - thirty-three years - a really long life, because people die at three or four...although these dead people think, "Poor Jesus, died when he was only thirty-three." They feel sorry for Jesus. He lived those thirty-three years with intensity, with passion.

5 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

My mind is not sure what to make of him to be honest.  

His enlightenment, his Buddhahood.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, Prabhaker said:

Osho mentioned Charles Manson in his talks once

Millions die but they die a wrong kind of death, because they yield, they surrender, they become slaves.

Just the other night I was reading about this murderer, Charles Manson. When the court sentenced him to death, he laughed. He said, "Ha, ha! What are you doing? - trying to kill me and I have always been dead!" I liked that statement: "I have always been dead. You killed me when I was a child. My parents killed me, my society killed me, and because everybody killed me, I took revenge - I murdered innocent people. And now you are sentencing me to death? Ha ha! Trying to kill a dead man! I have never been alive."

But that's how millions of people are: they have never been alive - they were born dead or were immediately killed the moment they were born, or we started poisoning them and sooner or later we got hold of them. My own feeling and observation is that by the time a girl is three and a boy is four they are butchered.

Jesus lived a long life - thirty-three years - a really long life, because people die at three or four...although these dead people think, "Poor Jesus, died when he was only thirty-three." They feel sorry for Jesus. He lived those thirty-three years with intensity, with passion.

Good post, Manson was surely intelligent and aware. 

Yeah, how tragic that is, children are most often butchered already at very early age, metaphorically spoken. 

Isn't it so, yes or no?