How to be wise

Member P3
  • Content count

    3,316
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by How to be wise

  1. Leo, when are you going to do a video on tantra yoga? It's far more important than all those abstract topics you were releasing lately. Can tantra yoga be used for enlightenment? Can you have samadhi experiences with tantra yoga? What other experiences can you have with yoga that you can't have with regular meditation?
  2. Maybe not statistics, but a rough number of enlightened people in the world should be known by people.
  3. I see what you mean. Most people are always breathing unconsciously, but by breathing consciously you will be mindful the whole time. But that's pretty difficult to pull off. I wouldn't be able to do that for even a minute.
  4. Is it possible to make a field of science which specifically links enlightenment and mystical experiences to how the brain functions? A field of science that explains why 5-meo dmt and other psychedelics produce mystical experiences will be very useful, because it could help us find a way of creating those same mystical experiences within other people. The reason why I was even thinking about this is because, realistically, the only way you could get society to enlightenment is with a magic pill. You can never convince 1 million people to do self-inquiry to reach enlightenment let alone 7 billion. The only way to get the rest of humanity to enlightenment is with a spontaneous insight, like eckhart Tolle and others. That could be possible if we understood enlightenment conceptually, and how it links to the brain and the body.
  5. @Joseph Maynor @Ilya @Shin But there have been people who knew nothing about enlightenment and then suddenly became enlightened. Byron Katie and Eckart Tolle are a few examples, and they sure as hell are grateful for that now. Now imagine everyone on this planet got that same instant realisation. The world would be a better place.
  6. http://thework.com/en
  7. Leo is moving to a cave in India ?
  8. I know enlightened masters who will smoke a cigarette if somebody offers them one.
  9. This book will tell you all about the concentration journey. http://static.squarespace.com/static/5037f52d84ae1e87f694cfda/t/5055915f84aedaeee9181119/1347785055665/
  10. Use the 'finger touching thumb' object, because it is much more stable. Don't press it too tightly otherwise you will become aware of the pulse, which is not very stable. Most important info: start with a time where you can focus on the object 100% of the time, not 99%. This is why people spend two years concentrating and don't reach access concentration. As Daniel Ingram put it: 10 seconds of full concentration will do you more good than 1 hour of wishy wahsy concentration. Whatever time you pick, you can't lose focus of the object for even one second. If you do, reduce your time and start again.
  11. LOL!!! Where did you find this video from?
  12. Byron Katie is an enlightened woman, and she has three children. She once told her daughter: 'I'm not your mother, mother yourself.' Although it felt harsh for the daughter, the daughter later said that that was the best gift she got from her mother.
  13. In today's contemplation session, I was focusing on the sensations of my body, and I asked myself: 'What's the proof that I'm feeling that?' It might sound obvious that when you have an itch on you're arm, 'you are feeling that itch'. But with some observation, you will realise that there isn't one proof that that is true. To further inquire, I'm thinking about contemplating the question 'What is a feeling?', although I think it'll take me a while to answer that.
  14. I know that an experience of not-knowing is necessary for an enlightenment experience. How can I have an experience of not-knowing?
  15. Are there things you can do in self-inquiry to increase the chances of getting that experience?
  16. I don't think that would produce an experience of not-knowing that is deep enough. The experience of not-knowing that I'm talking about is the one that always precedes an enlightenment experience. I don't think it can be created that easily.
  17. According to Leo that's fake not-knowing. I'm talking about real not-knowing.
  18. I once heard an enlightened master say: "All pleasure is pain." Can anyone elaborate on what that might mean.
  19. ...without scientific discoveries people wouldn't be addicted to technology and would spend more time being. Anyways, scientific discoveries do have their pros and cons. The question is, does the pros outweigh the cons?
  20. @Laputan Machine I also get some satisfaction when I do maths. It's quite different from pleasure I think.
  21. No. Concentration and insight practices are two completely different things. Psychedelics give you a peak experience in insight practices, but are worth nothing when it comes to concentration.
  22. Are you concentrating on the breath for 30 minutes without any wavering? If you aren't, you have to choose a different time length where you don't get distracted from the object at all, not even for one second! Other than that, if you still don't get to access concentration in a month, you're probably doing something wrong.
  23. I just realised in today's contemplation session that the illusion of a self is supported by the belief that 'I am looking at a chair', and 'I am feeling hungry', even though with some investigation it becomes obvious that there is no proof of that.
  24. I reached access concentration in less than a month, and from scratch. How long do you concentrate every day? How many times do you concentrate every day?