Someone here

Member
  • Content count

    15,131
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Someone here

  1. You tell me. Hint : if you think you understand quantum mechanics you don't understand quantum mechanics.
  2. Where is this "outside of my mind"?. I mean I can see what's outside of my body. But what if the body and what's outside of it are contained inside my mind just like in a dream?
  3. What do you mean by the last line?
  4. You missed the point. That's precisely what I'm questioning is there a reality outside of my own mind? . All I see is the hand. How can I even know that there is such a thing as "reality outside of my mind". I'm not saying there is or there isn't. I'm saying I can't be certain of either possibilities. I can put it by asking a simple question " how do you know for certain that you are not dreaming right now"? .. You simply don't know and can't know!
  5. Electrons and protons. Now you can keep pushing the question what is it ultimately made out of? . Well "mathematical equations". The discoveries are still being made in quantum mechanics. It's a new field that doesn't resemble anything we used to know about reality. But I don't think I'm qualified to speak about it. I obviously don't understand quantum mechanics deeply. And I won't use a bunch of famous experiments (double slit etc) to arrive at mystical conclusions without actually having a good idea what are these scientists talking about.
  6. All I can see is the hand. I don't have direct access to what are they made out of. As I said if something is not in my direct experience all I can do it speculate or give probabilities based on the evidence I have at the moment. My hands appear to be made out of flesh and bones.. Blood and organic matter and all that. I don't have access to more than that on my direct experience. I use science because a scientist has more accurate tools than mine. He can zoom Into the hands using electronic microscope and actually see what it's made out of.
  7. @The observer @Jacobsrw I knew it will escalate like this between you two Lol
  8. If i claim that there is a " Chinese teapot rotating around planet Mars right now". You can take a rocket and go over there and either prove or disprove it. That's empirical evidence. Logical evidence is actually more potent. All you have to do is propose a bunch of statements that are undeniably true and if they are you can then derive a certain conclusion. Example : 1 all human beings drink water 2 Alex is a human being. Conclusion : Alex drinks water. How to disprove this? Two ways.. You either disprove the two premises to be false or one of them at least and therfore the conclusion will be automatically false or you claim that that the premises don't actually lead to that conclusion even if they are true and they require more building up.
  9. The answer I got up to now is there's actually no way to disprove solipsism. So I think I actually got my answers for this thread! Thanks
  10. Not sure. Science says atoms. Leo says "consciousness". But they are real either way.
  11. Therfore why talking about something can't be pointed at?. And honestly I think it's off topic I asked a very specific question and saying "it's all nothing" is just the easiest way to escape the effort of trying to unravel the mystery of existence. That's just how I see it with all respect to you and Nahm.
  12. Alright I get that that's how you see it. But there is no need to "spam" it all around the place.
  13. Are you using some sort of a brainwashing method by repeating that all the time.? Not trying to be rude but it won't work with me.
  14. But when the person goes there still exist something. The perception field remains the same.
  15. Interesting. But if there is no me why there is a me? (if you get what I mean).
  16. A hand holding the phone typed that question. Direct experience.
  17. @Moon Thanks. Will try those methods!
  18. Oh thanks that's on topic lol.
  19. Where is this "out of it "?. You can only exit direct experience to direct experience.!,. I'm not saying there cannot be anything outside of direct experience btw. All I'm saying for you to" verify " (prove 100%) something it must be in direct experience. If something isn't in your direct experience all you can do is give probabilities based on.. Well based on direct experience again lol. So I don't have access to other people's minds nor will I ever be able to access them (at least in this lifetime) so that means I can't actually be sure whether you are real or just an extension of my mind (just like the others in your dream).
  20. That's a possibility. I have no experience of that tbh. But regardless.. I want a direct answer to the question.. Is there any aware person in the universe besides me right now? . Now I realize no matter what you say can't be enough evidence. Because I'm assuming that you are real and anything you say is valid when that's the very thing that I'm questioning lol
  21. I don't think direct experience is a paradigm. It's literally the only thing you will ever encounter in your life!