BlessedLion

Member
  • Content count

    1,921
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BlessedLion

  1. Absolutely, that's a good point. There is a category of books, I would say the high consciousness material like Wilber or Ralston where you are better off finishing one page per day (I admit, my pace with Ralston is like 5 pages per hour lol) because i just stare at the book contemplating how it is infinity. But it's hard to know where to draw that line. For example I'm listening on audio to the books "Anxious Generation" and "The Path Of Excellence" they are perfect for audio But Red Queen is quite complex evolutionary theory and even though i'd probably get 70-80% of it by audio, when i read i can stop are really grasp the models and theory. But then again maybe that is where something like the 80/20 rule can apply
  2. I kinda like that this work is a bit nerdy. You can't say someone like Ken Wilber isn't a consciousness nerd
  3. Leo I have to disagree with you recent post on work not creating fulfillment or happiness. I think that if someone is hinging their happiness on work or expecting it to fulfill them totally then yes, that is misguided. But work in itself, especially meaningful life purpose work can be very fulfilling and a source of pride and inspiration, solely for it's own sake. Also, all this is still rooted in selfishness, "how can my work and life purpose make me feel better" (self-focused) not "hey, this is valuable information that can actually help a lot of people, how can i share it in a powerful way?" (genuinely doing it for others). Sure there is still some selfish motive there but it's not the sole reason you are doing it. I think of Ralstons' book on Ending Suffering, he did it to help people end suffering because he has a unique and powerful perspective on that. He didn't need to do it for himself, or to keep busy, or to fulfill himself, he has mastered being happy with nothing. Lastly, if you already are happy and whole with nothing, why not play the game of life a bit? Is the expectation to just sit on the couch doing nothing because you can be happy there? Why not still be happy but do things, not because you think they will make you happy, but just for the challenge, fun, joy of it and yeah maybe you can even help people along the way.
  4. i've noticed that too, it's why i have him on "ignore", was a great decision.
  5. We love you Natasha! And you are definitely a positive influence here, i could imagine it might be tough as a female in this environment.
  6. It's really wild. I've noticed this too, and had to miss out on a lot of potential sex and intimacy because i refuse to treat women poorly, or manipulate, or play games. I can't be anything but authentic and i'm proud of who i've built. I just can't do it anymore, i've done way too much work on myself and my Heart to just play these games. But, unfortunately it works! It's what actually works! Pretty much every beautiful female friend i know has some recent psycho ex who was verbally and sometimes physically abusive, addicted to drugs, cheating or a total mess and they stuck with them for years through it all. If that's what it takes to get lots of women, count me out.
  7. be careful with podcasts too, they will slowly and subtly give you their mind virus and bias and some of them are not that wise and they just talk in circles like chris williamson, diary of a ceo, orion taraban, i think these are dangerous people to listen to too much
  8. I have ran into this issue as well, it's almost like i became too intelligent for most of the content out there. Leo also set the bar pretty high. These days i feel like we need less content. My phone and it's stupid apps are really more like a weighted chain than genuine entertainment, not to mention all the brainwashing, emotional stimulation and low key soft porn that is pumped through these algoryhtms. I almost want to go back to another time, a time of reading books, contemplating, journaling, creating. Not more consumption. But if you do consume, I think it's better to just focus on one topic and find the best in the field and take their courses or read their books. I'm starting to find that bad advice is damaging and a lot of teachers simply don't reach a Tier 2/Integral level of work. I don't think YouTube videos hit very hard, unless it's like Leo's style of 3 hour videos but not many other creators do that, I'd almost rather re- listen to an old Actualized video than some dweeb who has no real grasp on what they are talking about, or just going in circles in a weak way. I would rather re-read a Ralston or Wilber book than watch Huberman, Alex Hormozi or Mark Manson give shallow and boring advice. Here are some quality teachers Consciousness Ralston Wilber Adyashanti Sex/Tantra David Deida Alexey Welsch Sexual Kung FU (Youtube) Habits/Discipline David Goggins Jocko Wilink I also find most movies and TV shows to be a waste of time and not very intelligent, creative, or entertaining. Unless they are really done well, like a good comedy or an artistic movie, but you have to shuffle through so much junk to find the truly inspiring and beautiful movies, esepecially these days. It feels more satisfying these days to just contemplate, listen to music, be present with people, or try to understand reality deeper in silence...Oh sweet silence, sweet boredom.
  9. Hmm, strangely i am leaning towards respect. Maybe i feel like love is just a given- but i think as a man having a womans deep respect is more valuable than love because sometimes love is founded on nothing of value.
  10. Never understood how people do like 30-50 takes for one video, to me that is nuts and way too performative
  11. It's quite beautiful in that sense
  12. I think this is why so many women go through a phase of dating toxic "bad boy" type guys who just string them along for an emotional rollercoaster that they know is bad for them but they go on because it is exciting. Quite similar to drug addicts these women are addicted to the emotional stimulation and invalidation these men make them feel. I see it time and time again
  13. For sure, I think Sweden in general is a very Stage Green society so that makes sense. What would crush it in Los Angeles would likely fail hard in Stockholm, timeless principles aside. Also, I've heard the dating culture and male/female dynamics are different
  14. I think out of everything i studied his material is the most satisfying and engaging, he integrates evolutionary psychology and subconscious communication in a very powerful way.
  15. you have to really understand what he's getting at when he says something like that. Without DeAngelo's foundation a lot of shit he says sounds crazy. Basically he is going after people pleasing behavior, being too agreeable and quick to appease. There is power in that. It communicates something subconsciously But i also see where he overdoes it, and trying to follow his blueprint can turn you into a bit of an asshole
  16. Absolutely, and that's a solid nuance. I think there are like 2 layers of attraction, one is the developmental/consciousness layer another is a more "timeless" attraction. Where a woman who is in Stage Red but is super in touch with her femininity, seductress energy and is just sexy.... yeah a Stage Green dude will go for that. Another example is John Smith & Pocohauntus, like they were on different levels of development (Purple and Blue) but still had hot sex. Likewise a Stage Orange "Wall street jock" (idk whatever is hot) will still be able to attract a Stage Green hippie (maybe) I do think men are maybe more vulnerable to being attracted regardless of developmental levels whereas women likely fall more into their own developmental levels. Bc men are more attracted to the physical and energetic and women are more attracted to the personality, mind, and behaviors.
  17. It's not though, it teaches you very important and essential skills of dealing with women and people in general. It depends entirely on who is doing, how they are doing it and why they are doing, but shaming men for going out and meeting, talking to and fucking women is not the way. I agree if you consume too much pick up material especially the mainstream stuff, it will kill your ability to naturally just attract and be yourself, but also a lot of guys need serious help just with the basic and foundational dating skills or they will remain virgins
  18. Absolutely. This is an important nuance, and does apply to what I was saying about developmental levels of attraction. Most Pick up material is tailored to attracting Stage Orange women, but if you try that shit with Stage Green women they will almost immediately reject it. I have spent a lot of time in both types of communities, and this distinction is very fascinating. So yeah if you want a Stage Green or above woman, you have to play a different game, they are more intelligent and can see through the game-playing and posturing easier. Which is why i think the ultimate game is just develop yourself, have a life purpose, be strong, and have a strong foundation around you, then you naturally act confident and high status and loving because you just are.
  19. Yeah just shared it above, it's fucking solid ^ Interesting about Todd, I have tried some of his stuff and his courses but it never really landed deeply for me. It sounds interesting though. Maybe i'll revisit it
  20. Considering that modern society is just a scratch on the surface of the human timeline, this makes sense. This type of attraction is actually 99% of the subconcious interaction and evaluation. That's why women can rationally know "he is a good provider, kind, caring, etc" but subconsciously want the lover archetype
  21. Ah yeah, this is quite fascinating too, i think the book Red Queen touches on this as well. Some men fall into Provider category and others as Lovers and what's really crazy is that even a woman is with a provider mate she might cheat on him with the Lover mate while ovullating to pass on his genes, and something like 10% of people are not the offspring of their "fathers"
  22. That's a solid point. I feel like the deep thinkers or creatives eventually tire out on this material. While it's fascinating it's only one component of reality and something like consciousness, metaphysics, awakening is far more fulfilling and meaningful. David DeAngelo is the only person i saw who took it to another level like that discussing the subconcious attraction. Check it out, this blew my fucking mind, don't overshare it though bc i think they are trying to wipe all his stuff from the internet:
  23. Absolutely man, same. I find myself typically dating older women because i find maturity and depth so sexy. The other day i was with this really hot young Turkish girl but she was on her phone so much that i just left. I couldn't handle the lack of presence and shallowness even though things were headed towards sex.
  24. Sounds very interesting, keep us posted. I am also really intruiged by the "developmental levels of attraction" , I think that attraction grows through stages and just from talking to women i find that some of them have a "Stage Orange" attraction development and some have "Stage Green" attraction development. It's really fascinating. Women in Stage Green have almost no interest in what typical Stage Orange women find attractive and in fact are quite repulsed by it. I find this so fascinating
  25. Damn this is a very deep take, i totally agree. I think that like the majority of it is subconcious communication and the only teacher i've seen touch on that is David DeAngelo