Chadders

What is the good life

10 posts in this topic

At 30 I feel that I have worked out the secret to the good life for regular everyday human consciousness. The good life is the simple life. 

For me that’s primarily bike rides, nature bathing, friends, beautiful women and meaningful work

All of those things are not necessarily free because sometimes you need a certain level of disposable income to enjoy the simple things in life. For instance, you need money to buy a bike or to take a girl on a date. You also need work that provides financially, but also offers flexibility and free time, but ultimately, it’s relatively inexpensive stuff

To anyone driven by wealth, don’t get hung up on being rich. Even if you were rich you would default to doing the simple things most often that connect you with presence (once you realise this anyway).

Too bad for our society that many rich people are needy for the money blinded by their attachment to power and materialism. And thus the gap between the super rich and everyone else widens as they accumulate assets. Look how fucking miserable Musk is and many want to be like him. He is deeply unsatisfied. His Asperger’s doesn’t help but neither does his vast wealth

Obvious stuff that the simple life is the best, but then again is it that obvious? To the majority of people it isn’t. Not their fault 

It doesn't matter about the life. It's who you have become while creating that life that determines if it's a good life for you. A wealthy person can still be at peace and enjoys the extravagance and riches his world offers. A poor person can also be peaceful and enjoys his life immensely. Doesn't matter which way, doesn't matter what you have, doesn't matter if it's simple or extravagant, it's the person you are inside that will make a difference if you're content and peaceful or not.

You say beautiful women, but what will it take to sustain those beautiful women. Same way how you're saying to anyone hung up on wealth, don't get hung up on the idea of beautiful women. You can still be wealthy and enjoy a simple life. It's just most wealthy people are in fear, fear of losing their wealth and other things. The riches of the Universe is here for us to enjoy. We cannot serve or give from an empty cup. Wealth and riches can help to educate, teach, be of service etc. You're coming from a very selfish worldview (not consciously knowing or recognizing this because of conditioning). You're thinking you're saying something meaningful here but you're blinded that life isn't about you its about serving, uplifting others, helping, being of service, not just living a simple selfish life where you are ok with the air you breath and beautiful women on your arm, enjoying the sun and having enough to survive. 

You have been conditioned into thinking wealth is bad and you're looking at Elon and other wealthy people seeing how miserable they are (Idk if Elon is, just repeating what you said) and saying what you're saying. There are poor people out there committing crimes and are miserable too and can't help themselves or anybody because they're poor. At least the wealthy have this potential. You can have both because the Universe is abundant and there is no lack. We have just been conditioned to think otherwise. It's all around you, even lack is in abundance.

That all said, my reason for saying all this to you is not to criticize you or call you selfish or with any negative intent, I just want you to be aware that your post is coming from a very conditioned mindset where you believe that we should all just strive for simplicity because it's better than being wealthy and miserable and that's how life should be. NO. Life should be simply extravagant. A lot of these wealthy people are responsible for the pleasures you're able to enjoy today. It takes wealth to be able to accomplish certain things. You can be wealthy and still be simple, don't demonize wealthy people, poor people are the same minus the dollars that has the potential to do marvelous things for you and the people living in the world that aren't as fortunate and can give you the opportunity to do great things other than just having beautiful women and going on dates.

I do understand where you're coming from with your post and it is coming from a place of a sincere meaning to be at peace and live simply, but it isn't your fault either that you're blinded by the fact that your life is not about you. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Princess Arabia I am in no way an enlightened human so it is my perspective but a lot of people will agree with me. I mentioned in ordinary human consciousness so in regular day to day existence. Not when you’re sitting a top a mountain in deep meditation or on psychedelics. This is just how to live your live. Sure everyone is different but I’m closer to truth with this one because it’s coming from a deeper place (my biased opinion) 

You have however made quite a few assumptions about my position such as getting hung up on beautiful women. I’m not hung up on anybody to the point that I am desperate or needy, I am just attracted to beautiful women and as a guy you get a buzz out of that and connection. Intoxicating feminine energy. This doesn’t cost anything which is part of my wider point 

Also you have mentioned I hate wealthy people. I have no issue with the wealthy in a personal way. I don’t blame them for grabbing assets they’re just acting out their own survival agenda but this is the cause of major dysfunction in the world so it is a problem if you care about the world. In fact I’m actually starting a business and the business may become very lucrative for me. Ironically I’ve discovered I’m not that materialistic and my younger more immature way of thinking about money is out-dated 

Second assumption you’ve made is that I am not bothered about being of service to others. I am actually hugely bothered by this and that comes under meaningful work to me. That’s what makes it meaningful to me

So I am very conscious of all these things. I haven’t been conditioned to hate money not in the slightest! Quite the opposite I just know that this desperate pursuit of money is bullshit when satisfaction is in the everyday simple things that don’t cost an arm and a leg

Andrew Tate asks people what colour is your Bugatti? It’s just so ludicrous and funny at the same time like that really fucking matters

What is the good life? Simply ask yourself the opposite question.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Yimpa said:

What is the good life? Simply ask yourself the opposite question.

The good life is the life you're living right now. A purpose-driven life is another story.

Posted (edited)

I think the main issue is that too many of us, myself once included, are blindsided by the pursuit of wealth. That through wealth we will feel so much better and have all our needs met

The simple things help me connect with the higher consciousness 

Edited by Chadders

@Chadders Love is priceless. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Princess Arabia What a beautiful video . "Your life is not about you. Your life is about everyone else whose life you touch". Yes that's so true . This is what human life is all about . Its take you out of self centered mind.

1 hour ago, ExplorerMystic said:

@Princess Arabia What a beautiful video . "Your life is not about you. Your life is about everyone else whose life you touch". Yes that's so true . This is what human life is all about . Its take you out of self centered mind.

Yes.