Rafael Thundercat

Why is Gen Z so depressive and anxious. The effects of Social Media

10 posts in this topic

This is so informative. If you plan tp have a kid is good to be aware of this tendencies. 

Our brain is wired to have REAL connections and have real conversations and to be in a REAL natural environment.

No AI nor virtual reality sunglasses will make us happier, but rather it will make things worse.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Amazing interview. I really like the point they make when they talk about Andrew Tate, that there's so little focus on why so many follow him. It's just like with all the partner murders that have been going on here in Norway lately. There's basically only discussion about the need for better violence alarms for women and almost no discussion about why so many men are unable to deal with their emotions and end up killing their partners. 

Edited by Kid A

1 hour ago, Kid A said:

Amazing interview. I really like the point they make when they talk about Andrew Tate, that there's so little focus on why so many follow him. It's just like with all the partner murders that have been going on here in Norway lately. There's basically only discussion about the need for better violence alarms for women and almost no discussion about why so many men are unable to deal with their emotions and end up killing their partners. 

Wow, never heard about this Partner Murders On Norway. There is any news link to it? 

Society have really not evolved properly to deal with Masculine Issues, mainly Guilt, Shame ,Anger and Grief. There are some Iniciatives for dealing with it but not reaching the ones that deeply need help. 

@Rafael Thundercat

9 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

This is so informative. If you plan tp have a kid is good to be aware of this tendencies. 

I agree, have made several threads in the past talking about the systemic effects of social media in the brains of the younger generation, how toxic and corrosive it is for example Tik Tok's effect on viewer's brains, engineering and indoctrinating a deeper need for shorter content, more eye catchy, hyper sensational content at the expense of higher quality educational content. Tik Tok brain and Tik Tok, by Bite Dance who's also from China, is so bad for the mental ecology of the citizenry that even it put capitalistic pressure onto YouTube to make shorts to compete. Not just Tik Tok the worst social media of them all, but even Twitter, and Twitch/kick and it's customer base is so vile that even YouTube worked in a chat live format. I really wish there were 1 or a few social media or other businesses out there that calls out this utter BS that's happening, which will have net negative effects of the future generations to come. Of all developmental factors involved, the most dangerous is technological and internet, so many pathways to negative outcomes and negative externalities and internalities that humanity is really fucked up here.

Great example of how the internet, secularist/atheist, and other negative effects in many developmental factors culminates to this horrible, immoral, pungent thinking/behavior/feeling patterns. Destiny and Tik Tok are great examples of what is wrong with today's negative externalities and the Moloch effect that Daniel Schmachtenberger talked about, how for the sake of improved transactions/transactional relationships, clout chasing gains, like it's this hyper pursuit of material gains, and the need to propagate secularism/atheism/scientific thinking, in dogma form, which spread out like mind viruses such that eventually these digital online immoral evils are normalized as if it's a given. Destiny and what he represents, as well as Tik Tok are morally repugnant to human decency. I hope to god they get what's coming for them, karma is a bitch. 

7 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Wow, never heard about this Partner Murders On Norway. There is any news link to it? 

Society have really not evolved properly to deal with Masculine Issues, mainly Guilt, Shame ,Anger and Grief. There are some Iniciatives for dealing with it but not reaching the ones that deeply need help. 

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2024/01/09/holidays-may-have-set-off-latest-wave-of-domestic-murders/

This was right after: https://www.newsinenglish.no/2024/01/25/new-multiple-murder-stuns-police/

I guess this is nothing compared to our neighbors Sweden and the rest of the world, but a shockingly dark start of the year for this peaceful place!

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Great example of how the internet, secularist/atheist, and other negative effects in many developmental factors culminates to this horrible, immoral, pungent thinking/behavior/feeling patterns. Destiny and Tik Tok are great examples of what is wrong with today's negative externalities and the Moloch effect that Daniel Schmachtenberger talked about, how for the sake of improved transactions/transactional relationships, clout chasing gains, like it's this hyper pursuit of material gains, and the need to propagate secularism/atheism/scientific thinking, in dogma form, which spread out like mind viruses such that eventually these digital online immoral evils are normalized as if it's a given. Destiny and what he represents, as well as Tik Tok are morally repugnant to human decency. I hope to god they get what's coming for them, karma is a bitch. 

@Danioover9000  spot on on the concept of mind virus. Is the famous meme tranfer. Because mind is faster, is like air, ideas spread like fire in a dry forest. 

@Kid A

2 hours ago, Kid A said:

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2024/01/09/holidays-may-have-set-off-latest-wave-of-domestic-murders/

This was right after: https://www.newsinenglish.no/2024/01/25/new-multiple-murder-stuns-police/

I guess this is nothing compared to our neighbors Sweden and the rest of the world, but a shockingly dark start of the year for this peaceful place!

I am actually scared for and worry not just for USA, Canada, Quebec, UK, EU countries, but middle eastern and eastern cultures that're westernizing and getting this mind viruses from Tik Tok and other social media platforms, how societies and the real world is increasingly integrating cell phones, like you now have to at some places use a mobile to order your McDonalds or KFC! Real worried of other places not putting a more stricter regulation and rules.

For example, China's YouTube for ALL React Channels MUST link original source and Channel's name in a pinned comment. Great rule and a good step for more ethical reacting, the west don't have those stricter rules for it's western reactors. We have an increasing problem.