Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsNobody

Psychologist Vs Life Coach

3 posts in this topic

I've been seeing a therapist in the last months and I know big part of who I am now is a sum of my PAST experiences, but I'm done talking about my past, my mom, dad, crazy ex bf, abusive relationships, society expectations etc, I got over it, I can talk about it freely, without pain and hate, I have compassion and all, then my question is:

Should I keep digging my past to understand myself (therapy) or start building my future? (Life coach) I feel like I should use all my brain to start creating my future instead of looking into my past.

The way I put psychologists vs life coach here seems really radical, so let me explain, in Brazil each psychologist follow a lineage (Freud, Jacques Lacan, Wilhelm Reich) here is US things are more integrated so I'm feeling lost (my therapist told me the names of the lineages that she bases her beliefs but god, she is thirsty about my past) every session I feel like she has a stick and she uses this stick to poke the wounds from my past, but I've realized some of them are already healed, I want to move on, am I wrong about that? am I just deluding myself?

I'm open to suggestions, I was thinking about going to a specific therapist who follows Wilhelm Reich lineage (I had experience with it in Brazil and had good results) or look for a life coach, also one of my goals is to release some tensions and blockages in my body and of course, the main focus, self actualization.

Thank you 9_9

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

If your therapist is not working with you, hearing your agenda, then they're not a good therapist.

A good therapist/coach should have no agenda of their own.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

generally speaking I prettymuch say the same thing actually. If you are not happy with a therapist, change therapists. 

but I also generally warn that making a habit of ditching people you don't like can be a trap.  so I also advise to try to communicate with people, and be open minded on how you yourself could improve your approach in the future in all aspects. sometimes we are the reason we can't connect with others.

of course, prioritize.