Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

A systemic view of the Tucker/Putin interview.

10 posts in this topic

Interesting video that I'm going to analyze:

Prior context: he has reacted and watched the Tucker/Putin interview and is giving his commentary here. Also for discourse and presentation: He's in his room, wearing a white t-shirt(in western colour psychology white symbolizes purity and innocence, and GOOD. So here I was naturally a bit weary and skeptical.). Standard size 3-4 haircut, even, and a nice mic setup, but also the camera for the audience is level to his eye level. His room to his left I note an art station, likely his room is an art studio as to his left has a drawing table with some piles of canvases. To his left and behind has a dim yellow lamp that contains books and again canvases(due note the focus of camera is on him and his background blurry.). Best guess as to his personal values is that he fancies paintings and drawings, loves drawing and education or educating himself(which later in my analysis makes sense as he communicates with care but with many exaggerations.).

Body Language: Very expressive of his face and hands, quite a lot of hand gestures and illustrators. Also lots of eye movement to his upper and upper right, or directly right, which in NLP eye cues upper left is remembered visuals, upper right is constructed visuals, direct left/right are auditory, and lower left/right are both somatic and listing, direct downward gaze typically feeling of shame or embarrassment. In his case a lot of upper right to right and sometimes left eye movements. Also at 5:0 to 5:05 he raises eyebrows and widens eyes in surprise(in body language eyebrow flashes indicates feeling surprise, emphasis or seeking social approval/connection)in this case it's emphasis on the word choice 'ABSURD'.

Also a lot of lip compression and moments of lip licking and lip biting(in body language analysis lip compression indicates stress increase and non-verbally the subconscious mind didn't like what was said, similarly followed by biting/nipping of one's lips or lip licking after some emotionally charged statements means the subconscious mind is in disagreement and doesn't like what was stated). Plus I note he sometimes rubs his nose(rubbing of nose in body language indicates feelings of uncertainty, stress, uncomfortableness, anxiety.) but in this case he's not just rubbing but also pinching his nose each time before giving a loaded statement, which also at 6:37 he uses his left hand and really rubs that left side of his nose when after talking about the relative options that Russia has, how it wants to both be like the West but after the West becomes more limited in it's democracy or more orthodoxy and traditional.

There's also a lot of eye furrowing from him(in Body Language analysis eyebrow furrowing indicates feeling frustration and anger, but also concentration) here I feel like he's more concentrating when thinking about the West and Russia, and trying to draw parallels, possibility of frustration is still there.

IMO favorite moments of this analysis is whenever this man closes his eyes intensely, not squinting but he really closes his eyes and shuts down visuals in the outer world, like at 8:16 when he asks "How do we balance this-", and in general in body language when we see people shut down and are closing their body language down, like crossing arms, looking away, blocking and shielding gestures around mouth and eyes, even shifting shoulders and posture to face away from the person causing so much defensiveness and distress, in this case when this man actually intensely closes his eyes he's internalizing a mental representation of 'balancing' of 2 concepts and multiple issues in his mind, such that he needs to disassociate from physical visual reality to engage with his internal processing. 

Tonality: Generally very calm, and somewhat soothing. Few moments of raised voice and projection, but his illustrators of his hands and face do most of the emphasis of certain words.

what are your thoughts on that whole video? Do you think he was mostly performative to his audience? Do you feel he was a bit defensive or distressed? Do you think he's genuine?

Edited by Danioover9000

@Danioover9000 I think the way someone presents his thoughts has little to do with their merit. I bring to the table the case of Slavoj Zizek, he has the charisma of an arrogant homeless guy, but his books are very good.

I think what you have done is an exercise in projection. That kind of analysis should be done only to assess the performance for reasons of learning to perform yourself. To analyze what was the goal of the performance and if it's has been achieved.

And not to judge merit or truthfulness of content inside the performance.

I am not a fan of what you have done by posting it here and I think the opening post belongs in the Life Purpose or General Self-actualization sections in a thread about personal presence and is not to be framed as "systemic view" in the Politics section.

53 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

(in western colour psychology white symbolizes purity and innocence, and GOOD. So here I was naturally a bit weary and skeptical.)

o.O

Glory to Israel

@Scholar

38 minutes ago, Scholar said:

o.O

It's true scholar, in the west white symbolizes purity and innocence and good. Look at all the other apology videos out there, those narcissistic YouTubers using a white T-Shirt. For instance, when the rape scandals of Russel Brand came out, Brand wore a dragon fly pattern jacket over a white t-shirt(dragon flies are, BTW, predatory insects that prey on may flies and other flying insects, very interesting choice of clothing non-verbally) like in this video here:

and his second video a more somber and melancholic tone, with a more whiter attire:

@Girzo

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

@Danioover9000 I think the way someone presents his thoughts has little to do with their merit. I bring to the table the case of Slavoj Zizek, he has the charisma of an arrogant homeless guy, but his books are very good.

I think what you have done is an exercise in projection. That kind of analysis should be done only to assess the performance for reasons of learning to perform yourself. To analyze what was the goal of the performance and if it's has been achieved.

And not to judge merit or truthfulness of content inside the performance.

I am not a fan of what you have done by posting it here and I think the opening post belongs in the Life Purpose or General Self-actualization sections in a thread about personal presence and is not to be framed as "systemic view" in the Politics section.

It is relevant because @Leo Gura made it relevant in his blog post, saying how he's careful in how he analysis this Russia and Ukraine conflict, and his takes on the Russia versus western powers. I also recognize how systemic his approach and communication is, so I felt like he's worth my time in body language analysis, as in my thread I did say how important it is to read people for personal development and for other developments. I was going to cover him before but had other prioritizes to do, especially because of the political and social situation covered that it's not enough to just let it be in the self actualization sub forum, it's bigger than a personal thing.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Danioover9000 How is Leo mentioning something an argument for the worthiness of analyzing someone's presentation when judging quality of their arguments? Don't answer, I am just pointing out a lack of logic in your post.

I see no value in purely discussing the messenger.

@Girzo

23 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Danioover9000 How is Leo mentioning something an argument for the worthiness of analyzing someone's presentation when judging quality of their arguments? Don't answer, I am just pointing out a lack of logic in your post.

I see no value in purely discussing the messenger.

Well I see differently, sorry you don't.

Another good systemic thinking sounding video, albeit I think there's several problems with his framing:

Obviously the political field it is a fundamental necessity to strategically lie to politicians and to those who voted you and to the oppositions and other political ideologues and other ideologies involved in your political ecology, nothing new here. Very obvious there's no ABSOLUTE TRUTH here, only RELATIVE TRUTHS that each party, based on many developmental factors, are implicitly admitting to lying to each other and in a consensus reality that must allow implicit acknowledgement that ABSOLUTE TRUTH is not necessary to survival of the ego, just that you and your party are willing to do whatever it takes to survive and be at the most power dynamic and power structure to rule them all. 

Main critique of the guy is the red thumbnail, change that, the red is too aggressive for marketing and promo.

IMO a polarized and bad take of this Russia/Ukraine political event:

First of all, calling Putin another Hitler is just plain propaganda and demonization. I obviously don't support or think Putin's cool, just that remember who you're dealing with: A very ruthless, domineering, cunning, clever, and ambitious leader of RUSSIA! The west if this keeps up propaganda and misinformation, they greatly underestimate how dangerous Putin really is. Also this situation between Transnistria and Moldova isn't going to be a big deal as it's very unlikely Putin would try to invade there, Transnistria is surrounded by Ukrainian territory making Russian invasion more difficult as is.