Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreena

What's The Ideal Time ?

7 posts in this topic

What's the ideal time to meditate.

Morning/ evening

after food/before food

Lol I 'm asking this the way you'd ask a doc about a drug prescription.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

When you don't want to, or when you think you don't have time for it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Loreena said:

What's the ideal time to meditate.

Meditation is not a separate process. Meditation is simply the name for life lived with awareness. Meditation is not an hour-a-day affair where you sit for one hour and then it is over till tomorrow. No, if twenty-three hours are empty of meditation and only one hour is meditative, then it is certain that the twenty-three hours will defeat the single hour. Non-meditation will win, meditation will lose. If you are living twenty-three hours a day without awareness, and only one hour with awareness, then you will never attain to the state of buddhahood. How can this single hour triumph over the other twenty-three hours?

There is something else that also has to be understood. How can one be aware for one hour if in the remaining twenty-three hours one is not aware? How can you be healthy for one hour if you are sick the other twenty-three hours of the day? Health and sickness are the result of an internal flow. If you are healthy for twenty-three hours of the day, you will be healthy for all twenty-four hours, because the internal flow cannot suddenly be broken for just one of those hours. The current that is flowing goes on flowing.

Whatsoever you do, do it with awareness; this is meditation. Walking, walk attentively, as if walking is everything; eating, eat with awareness, as if eating is everything; rising, rise with awareness; sitting, sit with awareness; all your actions become conscious, your mind does not travel beyond this moment, it remains in the moment, settles in the moment – this is meditation.

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

When you don't want to, or when you think you don't have time for it.

I think I'll go meditate now. This is the right time. Bye bye folks. Miss you:):)

See y'all soon. 

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Whatsoever you do, do it with awareness; this is meditation. Walking, walk attentively, as if walking is everything; eating, eat with awareness, as if eating is everything; rising, rise with awareness; sitting, sit with awareness; all your actions become conscious, your mind does not travel beyond this moment, it remains in the moment, settles in the moment – this is meditation.

I'll do this. Thank you so much. Have a great time. 

personally I find its best to do it right after I get up in the morning. Its when my mind is already clear and I find it much easier to mediate. Also I try to carry on the meditative state I achieve in the morning throughout the day.

Also the general consensus is to wait 2-3 hours after eating to mediate.