Jason Actualization

30th Birthday DEXA Scan

9 posts in this topic

I've always wanted to get a DEXA scan, so I decided to get one done as a 30th birthday gift to self. I attribute having had zero detectable visceral fat to the fact that my sole source of fructose is 250 mL of pomegranate juice (~17 g) that I drink daily to augment my antioxidant status.

Anyone else here ever had one of these scans performed, or wanted to?

vlcsnap-2024-02-22-16h43m09s974.pngvlcsnap-2024-02-22-16h41m59s458.pngDexaScan.png

Edited by Jason Actualization

Very cool! I also interestingly love how that woman’s outfit and gloves match the logo of the company.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Yes. Had Dexa scans yearly for several years as part of monitoring at the clinic I attended. Because I was on HRT, they wanted to check my bone density levels. The other patients being treated for same condition tended to have their levels decline so needed supplements and amending their HRT frequency but mine increased much to the surprise of the consultant and remained consistent. I don’t remember getting any other results than the bone density though. That’s all they used it for. 

7 minutes ago, Adrian colby said:

Yes. Had Dexa scans yearly for several years as part of monitoring at the clinic I attended. Because I was on HRT, they wanted to check my bone density levels. The other patients being treated for same condition tended to have their levels decline so needed supplements and amending their HRT frequency but mine increased much to the surprise of the consultant and remained consistent. I don’t remember getting any other results than the bone density though. That’s all they used it for. 

Unfortunately men on HRT can all too easily overdose their AI, leading to deleteriously low estradiol levels which, by extension leads to lowered bone density. That's great to here your HRT appears to be dialed in.

57 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Very cool! I also interestingly love how that woman’s outfit and gloves match the logo of the company.

Lol I didn't even notice that!

22 minutes ago, Jason Actualization said:

Unfortunately men on HRT can all too easily overdose their AI, leading to deleteriously low estradiol levels which, by extension leads to lowered bone density. That's great to here your HRT appears to be dialed in.

What does AI mean? First time I’ve heard this term before (besides it meaning artificial intelligence)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

36 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What does AI mean? First time I’ve heard this term before (besides it meaning artificial intelligence)

Aromatase inhibitor: drugs like anastozole (Arimidex) which block enzymatic activity that otherwise aromatizes free testosterone into estradiol.

When men go on TRT, particularly if they are overweight, (the aromatase enzyme concentrates in adipose tissue and men with higher body percentages will aromatize more of their free T into estradiol) will benefit from an AI drug, but the dosing must be dialed in to ensure that estrogen levels don't dip too low. The downside of underdosing or omitting the AI altogether is that estrogen may be too elevated and lead to fatigue, brain fog, libido issues. even gyno. The downside of overdosing AI is that estrogen levels may dip too low, leading to fatigue, anxiety, ED, increased osteoporosis risk, etc.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:25 AM, Yimpa said:

Autistic, are we. Amazing how you noticed that. Do you attribute that to your autistic behavior. I'm genuinely curious.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

13 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Autistic, are we. Amazing how you noticed that. Do you attribute that to your autistic behavior. I'm genuinely curious.

From a human perspective I do attribute it to that (as well as neurodiversity in general). From a spiritual perspective it’s Infinite Intelligence at work. Not just me.. Y’all are intelligent ^_^

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

From a human perspective I do attribute it to that

Ok, cool.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This.