StarStruck

Best way to write in a diary?

5 posts in this topic

Currently I have a multiple diaries: one for study and business, another for investment, another for sports, another for relationships/spirituality/communication and so on.. How do you guys keep your diary? Just having one diary has its plusses and minuses. My way is very compartmentalized and I can easily draw on previous entries and highlight shit so I don't run in circles in my progress. Just having 1 diary seems ok if you have a simple life.

Edited by StarStruck

I prefer to use software because I can categorize and sort everything much more efficiently. It allows you to access the other material much more easily and to connect/link files together, so that you maintain a broader view of everything. It's basically like a mental map.

beep boop

14 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I prefer to use software because I can categorize and sort everything much more efficiently. It allows you to access the other material much more easily and to connect/link files together, so that you maintain a broader view of everything. It's basically like a mental map.

Me too

I consider this forum a collective diary.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I switched from paper notebooks to Remarkable 2. I write a lot and used to have multiple notebooks and a ton of notes which were difficult to manage. I keep a diary for twenty years now and I have a big box with all the notebooks that basically document all my life.  Now all my notes are organized in one place plus I can carry all of them with me. I do use software as well, but nothing replaces handwriting for me.