Edelweiss

Pineal Gland "Activation" scam?

9 posts in this topic

I read tons of claims regards the PG and it appears to be like some Internet Mis/Disinformation thing that has taken on a life of its own as these claims just seem to be mindlessly repeated. I begin to suspect that this may be some gigantic time waster psyop lke flat earth etc.

E.g. : PG is centre of spirituality and enlightenment, PG is deactivated, can be activated, is contaminated or calicified, flouridated, u can do silly exercises and take expensive cocktails to activate it, it has and uses piezoelectic crystals that make it function, etc and so forth, spread by personalities such as Scott Jeffeys and of course Joe Dispenza, IMO a con artist of pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo.

I would like to know if someone can point to concrete EVIDENCE (not again BS claims or subjective trip experiences) that there is such thing as PG activation, with concrete before/after comparisons perhaps even by applying some of the highly questionable "techniques" that are being mentioned.  (That would also imply that the PG has been previously inactive - I cannot imagine any gland in the body that has been fully deactivated while still remaining in some kind of living condition.)

So far I have not seen one shred of credible evidence that these claims are actually true and this appears being hyped as the shortcut to enlightenment or general requirement for personal development or simply to sell miracle supplements.

Pretty sure Joe Dispenza has done some actual studies with experiments on this. Might want to look into his stuff. He's a neuroscientist as well as his spiritual stuff, since your looking for something more concrete.

I know there was a whole chapter on the pineal gland in his "becoming supernatural" book but I cant find where I put my copy.

Edited by Francis777

I think 99% of it is new age bullshit but I don’t know yet

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Edelweiss said:

I read tons of claims regards the PG and it appears to be like some Internet Mis/Disinformation thing that has taken on a life of its own as these claims just seem to be mindlessly repeated. I begin to suspect that this may be some gigantic time waster psyop lke flat earth etc.

E.g. : PG is centre of spirituality and enlightenment, PG is deactivated, can be activated, is contaminated or calicified, flouridated, u can do silly exercises and take expensive cocktails to activate it, it has and uses piezoelectic crystals that make it function, etc and so forth, spread by personalities such as Scott Jeffeys and of course Joe Dispenza, IMO a con artist of pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo.

I would like to know if someone can point to concrete EVIDENCE (not again BS claims or subjective trip experiences) that there is such thing as PG activation, with concrete before/after comparisons perhaps even by applying some of the highly questionable "techniques" that are being mentioned.  (That would also imply that the PG has been previously inactive - I cannot imagine any gland in the body that has been fully deactivated while still remaining in some kind of living condition.)

So far I have not seen one shred of credible evidence that these claims are actually true and this appears being hyped as the shortcut to enlightenment or general requirement for personal development or simply to sell miracle supplements.

It is bs. You is the biggest illusion itself. How can you have a third eye or pineal gland? How can even have an eyes or body?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

6 hours ago, Francis777 said:

Pretty sure Joe Dispenza has done some actual studies with experiments on this. Might want to look into his stuff. He's a neuroscientist as well as his spiritual stuff, since your looking for something more concrete.

I know there was a whole chapter on the pineal gland in his "becoming supernatural" book but I cant find where I put my copy.

Yes, I have read the chapter, let's put it this way, he may claim to be a neuroscientist, I think he is a chiropractor by trade. He'd got a lot of interests but he mixes just about everything that "makes sense to him." Pure ephemeral fluff and unsubstantiated claims, particularly this book is hard one to swallow...

8 minutes ago, Edelweiss said:

Yes, I have read the chapter, let's put it this way, he may claim to be a neuroscientist, I think he is a chiropractor by trade. He'd got a lot of interests but he mixes just about everything that "makes sense to him." Pure ephemeral fluff and unsubstantiated claims, particularly this book is hard one to swallow...

hmm, not sure then. I was under the impression he done some studies with quantifiable results. 

Maybe I shouldn't run him down too much, he has something valuable to say at times. But I think the main aim is for you to become one of his groupies and spend lots of your money on his seminars. You got to develop a sensitive BS detector in these circles...

56 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

hmm, not sure then. I was under the impression he done some studies with quantifiable results. 

Yes he has. Don't listen to everything negative you hear about some these Spiritual teachers because some may have personal gripes or unsubstantiated claims about them. Research them yourself and come to your own conclusions. Dr Joe Dispenza is well respected and has done a lot in this community; but then again, so was Dr Martin Luther King and he was assassinated.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

I would not call him a spiritual teacher. I am having gripes about him as he is making unsubstantiated claims in vast quantities, I have read a number of his books. Let me call him a researcher who draws some rather "interesting" or let me put it this way, fairly unscientific conclusions. But again, what do we humans know about truth anyway...