HMD

What made you stop downloading or using pirated stuff?

12 posts in this topic

Talking about torrents etc. And if you still do it, why? 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

nothing . i still do it. if u are dump if u do not use it. but if something benifit me , i will pay for the creator

@Ramanujan Doesn’t that affect your integrity? 

if you buy a game on steam you are renting it if you pirate it you own it.

I pirate games because i mainly play them for 1 or 2 hours and then realize i dont like gaming.

14 hours ago, HMD said:

@Ramanujan Doesn’t that affect your integrity? 

fuck this mental mastubatory  side of self improvement . people take their delusions to another level sometimes

young man ,  there is  nothing wrong with piracy . if some creator benifit you , you donate

Edited by Ramanujan

If buying isn't owning, piracy is not stealing. Not that I am using that as justification.

I do not buy something that I can get for free. That alone is enough of a reason to pirate.

There is a big open area for pirating that tech cant stop. So they try to bully you into some moral bullshit to stop you from doing it. You arent stealing anything its just copied letters and numbers. If anything you should donate to the pirates for giving you a copy of the code.

Edited by Hojo

@Ramanujan But there is something wrong piracy. You are literally stealing someone’s money. If there are no consequences to your stealing and everyone does it,  doesn’t make it any better. 

You are being selfish and unholistic. If it was your daughter’s product and everyone started pirating it, would that upset you at all? Her not getting what she deserves? 

@Hojo It’s not about moralism, it’s about values and integrity. At least that’s what I am talking about. 

@Bobby_2021 so, you are being opportunistic. That’s literally the opposite of integrity 

@HMD then I would compare it a vulture eating the remains of a corpse left by a hyena. Is it integrous for the vulture to eat left over of meat the animal wasn't going to eat anyway.

Its just sitting there you are too poor to afford every game or any. The pain caused is completely arbitrary and has limits from a dev not eating to a million or billion dollar company not getting a set 20-60 dollars in their account. The lowest limit contains the shittiest games that no one is pirating  so the dev ain't eating anyway.

I'd argue the good outweighs the bad. Jimmy happiness worth more than 20 in Rockstar pocket after milking the fuck out of gta5.

Edited by Hojo

18 hours ago, HMD said:

@Bobby_2021 so, you are being opportunistic. That’s literally the opposite of integrity 

I don't believe that information should be gatekeeped or paywalled, especially if it is done by a mega corporation.

Individuals deserve to be rewarded for their work, given that they are not scamming people.