Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ishanga

Bliss is the End Goal, but the Start of the Spiritual Path!

21 posts in this topic

This is one of the first videos that really got me on to Sadhguru, he just explains it like no other.

Here someone asks if Mediation/Yoga is like a Brain Exercise or something, Sadhguru explains that when You get something or achieve a goal what happens next? You want more, this is desire in action, Desire is Life, without it there is no Doing, but in the end You what You want out of everything, Love, Success, Money, Fame, posting a response, is Bliss, Bliss is not an Emotion, but a State of Being where Your Intensely Pleasant on the levels of Body, Mind, Emotion and Energetically which is the most important, when Your energies are highly intense, active and alive, then Your in Bliss. Its been proven that when in Bliss states vs Depressed states, everything about You works better, more creativity, more clarity, more intelligence, more of everything that makes Life worth living, it opens up Possibility and Potential. Good Video, he basically explains that whole reason why You want to do Yoga and follow a Sprititual Life Path..

https://dai.ly/xij335

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

I don’t discriminate between bliss and depressed states. They’re both beautiful, and in fact, can both be expressed simultaneously.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I don’t discriminate between bliss and depressed states. They’re both beautiful, and in fact, can both be expressed simultaneously.

For me this is crap, I've been in depressed state over period of time, not just one day but for a few months at a time, would never want that for myself or other, been blissed out too for mths at a time, which much rather have that. The ones that say all experiences are necessary are kidding themselves imo, yes if Bliss is possible, Depression is possible, but it doesn't mean I have to experience depression, just because its available. that is like driving off a cliff because it is there and beside the road lol...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Living through difficult states, including depression, has made me stronger in the long run. Overcoming what seems impossible to get out of leads to significant growth and compassion towards yourself and others. 

Metaphorically speaking, I have not reached a finish line or destination on my personal development and spiritual journey. I’m simply realizing more and more that I’ve been moving in place this entire time. So is there really an end here?

There appears to be change happening constantly. Change is occurring in the unchanging. Different states are change and You are the unchanging simultaneously. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

19 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Living through difficult states, including depression, has made me stronger in the long run. Overcoming what seems impossible to get out of leads to significant growth and compassion towards yourself and others. 

Metaphorically speaking, I have not reached a finish line or destination on my personal development and spiritual journey. I’m simply realizing more and more that I’ve been moving in place this entire time. So is there really an end here?

There appears to be change happening constantly. Change is occurring in the unchanging. Different states are change and You are the unchanging simultaneously. 

Yes this ideology of gain "strength" and becoming "stronger" via dealing with stress situations, pain and suffering has been around a long time, "What doesn't kill you makes You stronger", for me when I hear or see this in action and intellectually, it still lives on the level of survival, strength, being strong, going thru struggle, that is survival level of existence and experience, its our low end for human beings, we have much more potential than living via this way or ideology. One can learn and be more creative and have more clarity via the Bliss route, and its more empowering overall for all others and society as a whole imo..Change happens on the physical and mental level, unchanging in the reality of Oneness and that dimension of Reality, the non physical part of existence is Unchanging, never created, never destroyed, always there, the foundations of everything, what was there before the supposed Big Bang...

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

This is just silly, stop acting like you’re so enlightened that you see no difference between love and bliss and pain and depression 

1 minute ago, BlessedLion said:

This is just silly, stop acting like you’re so enlightened that you see no difference between love and bliss and pain and depression 

There are different interpretations here ;)

sjvaExe.jpg

To clarify, what I meant is the former.

All of my friends deal with depression to various degrees. I see beautiful in all my friends.

And just for fun… embrace all phenomena!

Edited by Yimpa

teachers are not worth the robes they clothe themselves in

instead of speaking on esoteric bliss states

tell us what happened when you got up this very morning and how you are maintaining that through the day

have you meditated today? or this month? how often this year?

yea? tell us about your practice schedule and what happened today; what insight did the time produce

stop giving us thousand year old book knowledge to show how holy and wise you are

tell us what the absolute shared with you today

if you don't you're wasting our lives not just your own

are you yourself enlightened?

what does that mean and how is that impacting your activities today

have you gone as far as possible in the path yourself

if so what's your plan for today and if not what are you working on today

can we just get real and drop the marketing spiel to the fawning masses

be an ordinary example not a scripted caricature

this is the only content i pay attention to whether from a teacher or from a forum

only tell me about you

Edited by gettoefl

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

teachers are not worth the robes they clothe themselves in

instead of speaking on esoteric bliss states

tell us what happened when you got up this very morning and how you are maintaining that through the day

have you meditated today? or this month? how often this year?

yea? tell us about your practice schedule and what happened today; what insight did the time produce

stop giving us thousand year old book knowledge to show how holy and wise you are

tell us what the absolute shared with you today

if you don't you're wasting our lives not just your own

are you yourself enlightened?

what does that mean and how is that impacting your activities today

have you gone as far as possible in the path yourself

if so what's your plan for today and if not what are you working on today

can we just get real and drop the marketing spiel to the fawning masses

be an ordinary example not a scripted caricature

this is the only content i pay attention to whether from a teacher or from a forum

only tell me about you

When It comes to Sadhguru he has done all of this, he's 24/7 on the air from what I understand and have observed, but he also does circus which is sit in front of people and answer the same questions over and over again, could You do that, and travel to different time zones, do envirnomental work, supply medical and educational services, run 4 ashrams, multiple business ventures, and run Spiritual events and programs and still have a smile on Your face? That is the proof, just see the smile, the laughter, the spontaneous dance, in the midst of all of this, and he's been doing it for over 30+yrs straight, most all of us here could not do what he does for a week...

Edited by Ishanga

Sadhguru is one of the happiness gurus I ever met. A wise teacher speaks in paradoxes. A wise student dies to love and becomes one with the master.

Become one with the soil :-P

Edited by Yimpa

23 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

@Ishanga Not Sadhguru, you...

I'm a work in progress, but much more alive and balanced, equanimous in my nature, yeah I get a bit of road rage, but most anyone would living in Toronto, lol, but it doesn't mess up my whole day. My real only spiritual problem is I have more intellectual knowing, than experiencial knowing, its just on the edge of the two, but I've been lazy with practices....I have a definite space created btwn what is Me and what is not Me, that is what brings me the equanimity, and mindfulness, I observe allot, see my ego judging on a daily basis, watching it do this and that, but that space is what saves my sanity...

Edited by Ishanga

2 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

but I've been lazy with practices....

Don’t beat yourself up. It doesn’t do you any good in the long-run.

Make identifying negative thoughts and sensations part of your spiritual practice - recontextualize and expand upon them.

This will be intuitive over time.

10 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Don’t beat yourself up. It doesn’t do you any good in the long-run.

Make identifying negative thoughts and sensations part of your spiritual practice - recontextualize and expand upon them.

This will be intuitive over time.

Yes true. I don't beat myself up with it, one cannot force themself to do the practices it won't work that way, so that is why it doesn't bother me, and as You said I just make my witnessing and mindfulness the current practice, I will get back to more steady practices in time:)

Edited by Ishanga

18 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

I just make my witnessing and mindfulness the current practice, I will get back to more steady practices in time:)

Scaffolding is indeed important. Don’t want to start at floor 100 when your building currently only goes up to 10.

But don’t confuse higher levels as better than lower levels.

—-

Much like the climax of a movie is not inherently better or worse than the earlier or later parts of the movie. Humans project that.

You can’t have a beautiful climax without those other scenes. At least, not as deep. 

But I will admit, only understanding snippets of a film are not inherently flimsy. They make for great reinterpretations.

mnKqoSX.jpg

Edited by Yimpa

Bliss is the End Goal, but the Start of the Spiritual Path!

The beginning and the end are paradoxically identical ;)

On 1/14/2024 at 11:10 AM, Yimpa said:

To clarify, what I meant is the former.

The clarify my clarification, both are Truth.

Like this prayer

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Edited by Yimpa

Over the years of personal practice and researching Spiritual systems and theories, like we all do, we personalize it and come up with our own way of describing it.

On a scale of 0-10, 0 is Peacefulness, all experiences are within a range of Intensity, Peace is a certain Intensity of Pleasantness, its calm, cool, collected, silent in basic nature, but it is the start of the ladder.

Above this is Happiness, which I would say is around 4 on the scale, Happiness is more about external stimuli, looking at a beautiful sunrise or sunset, flower, woman/man, eating pleasant food for You, laughing at a joke, etc, sometimes You wake up happy because of a nice dream or just the way Your body/mind are that morning, but then it can go away...

Bliss is around 8 on the scale, Bliss is more than a state of Emotion, its in the realm of Realization, when in Bliss You realize somethings about Life, its much more intense than Happiness and is more permanent than Happiness, its not reliant on a outside Stimuli like Happiness, but is dependent on how you keep the Reallization Alive within Your Awareness and Consciousness.

Ecstasy is 10, it is Bliss on Steriods, You cannot function physically or mentally very well when in Ecstasy, everything is beautiful for You, even the cold winter cloudy day, this is a temporal State, between physical and non physical and while You are here on this Earth You don't want to stay in Ecstasy states too too long, but once a day for a short period of time will do You wonders, and bring You to Your hightest potental and possiblity!

only what is new is true

the new is god's messenger

all old is memory projection ego false

when you go for a walk only what you see for the first time is the truth

youtube gurus should understand this instead of insulting everyone with regurgitation

5 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

only what is new is true

the new is god's messenger

all old is memory projection ego false

when you go for a walk only what you see for the first time is the truth

youtube gurus should understand this instead of insulting everyone with regurgitation

Who's the Youtube guru? Do some research!!! Now the person that started this forum more fits that description:)

Edited by Ishanga