fanta

Mistakenly took 25i-NBOMe. Thought it was lsd. Is my serotonin system fried?

24 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, fanta said:

I have heard that some people who have taken SSRI´s are not able to trip on psychedelics. Is that true?

The ketamine clinic took me in without hesitation. I hadn’t take any SSRIs for about a year up until that point. Though, I’m sure there are many other factors they’ll take into account, such as how suicidal someone is (which was not my case).

I was actually the one who was  hesitating going into it, especially as the date of my initial trip was coming in close. The staff was really kind and patient with all of my rationalizations (e.g. I kept nagging them about if something will go wrong in a variety of ways).

One of the nurses finally had it with my BS, set a boundary, and lovingly told me something along the lines of, “Look, we are not a day care service. Either you go into this treatment or not. There’s no more excuses you can give us. And there are other places that are willing to help if you don’t want to take this seriously anymore.”

I got the message right away, and made a decisive decision. In conclusion, taking the plunge and not running away was definitely one of the best decisions I made in my life, hands down.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

15 hours ago, Israfil said:

I used it to try to quit smoking.

It definitely made me more emotional. I cried with joy while painting the wall of my sister's new house. Just thinking about family was something that moved me.

It gave me a psychedelic vibe when I drank alcohol. Do not mix with psychedelics. Took 50 ug of LSD and was immediately sent to guilt tripping.

I feel the same thing on LSD, but with hallucinations.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Talked to my doctor today. She has previously specialized in drug abuse. She told me that she was skeptical that I could have hurt my serotonin system over this one incident. She said that the body could handle a lot of drugs, but there could be some serotonergic disturbance for a little time. I am starting to feel a lot better also.

Lesson of the story, always test the drugs you are taking.

1 hour ago, fanta said:

Talked to my doctor today. She has previously specialized in drug abuse. She told me that she was skeptical that I could have hurt my serotonin system over this one incident. She said that the body could handle a lot of drugs, but there could be some serotonergic disturbance for a little time. I am starting to feel a lot better also.

Lesson of the story, always test the drugs you are taking.

There's always the trick of spitting out when you feel taste. LSD is tasteless.