Thought Art

Essential Oil?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone into Essential Oils? 

Ive recently bought a Lavender Mint mix and created my own cologne with it. I want to smell fresh, and smell the relaxing clean scent.

I wonder if anyone here has extensive experience that care share their favourite mixes, oils, and products they make. Include some of the benefits of the mix. 

Thanks!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I definitely don't have extensive experience but I love it. Makes my life more aromatic and I appreciate that. It's the same kind of joy I get from grinding high quality coffee beans in the morning before brewing. It's like incense without the negatives on the lungs. 

I think the whoowhoo stage green claims are interesting. Might even have some truth but I am not attuned and experienced enough to assess that.

Cedar wood is one of my favorites.

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

Yes, I Iove them all and use them for different things. As a perfume I just dab between elbows, behind ears, etc. (test a small amount for skin irritation or mix with carrier oil if too strong. 

I use to get a lot of "you smell good" compliments when I used to wear the scent of Patchouli. I would put it in my hair and on my clothes. Lavender and Frankincense and Myrrh are good for perfume too. 

I use the grapefruit for cleaning also eucalyptus and lemon. I put couple drops in a spray bottle with white vinegar and water and /or citrus peels and just spray away. I would make my own air fresheners the same way using witch hazel instead of the vinegar. 

I partially make my own toothpaste using my store bought (natural) toothpaste put in a small jar and add coconut oil/finely ground eggshell powder (for remineralizing), baking soda, and clove EO or peppermint EO. I also just put a couple drops of the EO in warm water and gargle (mouthwash). 

I would also add to my body oil. It's advisable to to add them to carrier oils (coconut, jojoba, grapeseed, sweet almond, olive etc) before adding to skin. Cedarwood EO is great for men. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

On 1/10/2024 at 8:20 PM, Thought Art said:

Anyone into Essential Oils? 

Ive recently bought a Lavender Mint mix and created my own cologne with it. I want to smell fresh, and smell the relaxing clean scent.

I wonder if anyone here has extensive experience that care share their favourite mixes, oils, and products they make. Include some of the benefits of the mix. 

Thanks!

I do use Lavender EO on my hair lenghts and on my face for hydration (of course with one or more carrier oil such as argan oil, sweet almond oil, and jojoba oil )

I've also read that pepper mind EO is helpful with hair growth, so if you're interested in that, you could use your mix with a carrier oil for a pre shampoo oil treatment for the scalp and hair. It's advised to heat the oil a little bit before use for improved efficiency.