Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bazooka Jesus

HEILUNG

10 posts in this topic

I just stumbled across this on Youtube... DAMN. Where have these guys been all of my life?! This is beyond epic.

My recommendation: Put on headphones, crank up the bass to the max, listen and thank me later. 🤟

Why so serious?

Remember, that we all are brothers

All people

And beasts and trees

And stone and wind

We all descend from the one great being

That was always there

Before people lived and named it

Before the first seed sprouted

F***ing A.

Why so serious?

Good god, I cannot stop listening to this. I discovered these guys less than 48 hours ago, and already they have become my absolute favorite contemporary "band" (if such a profane word is even appropriate here). It's not even close!

Perhaps it is my German origin that makes me so susceptible to this... but goddam, their music and performance touches something very deep and primal within me. It's like the voice of long forgotten roots, like a call from the depths of time beckoning me to return home. And judging from all those raving comments on Youtube, I am apparently not the only one who feels like this.

I swear, this is SD stage purple integration on the highest level.

It would be interesting to hear what others here on this forum think about this music. Come on peeps, let's hear your opinion!

Why so serious?

What, nobody?

Sheesh... you guys wouldn't know good music if it hit you over the head with a Celtic battle axe. Smh.

Why so serious?

I think I have seen their gig on some metal festival. They are good, but I prefer guitars :)

13 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

What, nobody?

Sheesh... you guys wouldn't know good music if it hit you over the head with a Celtic battle axe. Smh.

For me it lacks melody, precision, "extension of perception in the golden ratio" if it means something lol..
Probably the neurological profile influences musical tastes, without knowing too much about the details.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

For me it lacks melody, precision, "extension of perception in the golden ratio" if it means something lol..

It's the kind of music that you don't listen to with your ears but with your gut... it addresses the old reptilian part of the brain, not the rational part. (I am willing to bet that Theodor Adorno would have absolutely hated it, lmao!)

And I must confess that it is woefully wrong to call this "good music" (as I did above). This stuff is beyond good and bad; it's the kind of primal and monolithic art which defies all profane aesthetic categories. And it is deeply spiritual.

And btw, you absolutely have to listen to this with a good set of earphones (plus a high quality bass booster that makes the drums sound like a freaking stampede of dinosaurs). Trust me, if you have listened to this on your measly built-in phone or laptop speaker, you haven't listened to it at all!

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

It's the kind of music that you don't listen to with your ears but with your gut... it addresses the old reptilian part of the brain, not the rational part. (I am willing to bet that Theodor Adorno would have absolutely hated it, lmao!)

And I must confess that it is woefully wrong to call this "good music" (as I did above). This stuff is beyond good and bad; it's the kind of primal and monolithic art which defies all profane aesthetic categories. And it is deeply spiritual.

And btw, you absolutely have to listen to this with a good set of earphones (plus a high quality bass booster that makes the drums sound like a freaking stampede of dinosaurs). Trust me, if you have listened to this on your measly built-in phone or laptop speaker, you haven't listened to it at all!

When I listen to classical music or metal, it is also with my guts. I can vibrate and even cry a little if it's really beautiful and the mood is there.
Our "guts" are different, that's what I meant. ;)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Nice! I listen to heilung for 3 years. Even considered going to a concert this summer, but it turns out it's a sitting concert so there will be no mosh pit which makes me less interested for quite a high price haha.

Check out Wardruna and Danheim too.

And even darker staff checkout Treha Sektori - it's the sounds of a dying ego:

https://youtu.be/tGELCde4EyM?si=KOE1YhC1kAEgkIad

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Arthogaan

Hah! I've seen that reply of yours just now... finally someone who appreciates some quality epic music, YAY! :D

On 15.3.2024 at 7:30 PM, Arthogaan said:

Nice! I listen to heilung for 3 years. Even considered going to a concert this summer, but it turns out it's a sitting concert so there will be no mosh pit which makes me less interested for quite a high price haha.

Guess what, I've bought a concert ticket online just 24 hours after discovering them on Youtube, hahaha. Can't wait to see these guys live! (I also bought the perfect outfit for the concert while traveling through Southern India... a nice savage looking shaman/druid style poncho.) If the concert will be half as good as the show that they are putting on in that Youtube video, then it's going to be one memorable night for sure. B|

Check out Wardruna and Danheim too.

I already did, but honestly Heilung is at a whole different level than these guys as far as I am concerned... they are one of those bands that are simply in a league of their own. (When I read that the video I posted was a recording of their first ever live performance, I first laughed it off and thought "yeah right, and I am the emperor of fucking China". But as it turns out, it's a true story... absolutely unbelievable. It has probably never happened before in the entire history of music that a band was that perfect right from the get-go. WOW.

And even darker staff checkout Treha Sektori - it's the sounds of a dying ego:

https://youtu.be/tGELCde4EyM?si=KOE1YhC1kAEgkIad

Mmmm, you might like this one:

This is a video link that my Italian bambina sent me when we were texting back and forth over Whatsapp during last month. Very apocalyptic music... maybe slightly less dark and brooding than your stuff, but pretty damn mindblowing.

Anyway, I congratulate you on your excellent music taste, my brother! 🤘✊️👌

Why so serious?