Past-Philosopher-562

Contemplation of pain points of our deficiencies = development | Questions for Leo

8 posts in this topic

Hello Leo,

I'm curious to hear your perspective on a transformative process. Have you found that true personal growth unfolds when you delve into contemplation and investigation, putting pen to paper to tackle the issues you face? It seems like this introspective practice has led to significant breakthroughs and a profound shift in your character over time. Your journey, as observed from your earlier videos to the present, is truly inspiring.

Can we assert that in-depth contemplation of a problem, such as low integrity or low self-esteem, not only yields valuable insights that you share in your youtube videos but also initiates a profound Identity change that makes everything easy [ No need to read books and other sources of knowledge ] , ultimately serving as a permanent solution to the discussed issue? -

Moreover, would you agree with the notion that engaging in deep thought and discourse with onself about personal struggles, be it low self-esteem, feelings of emptiness, or a lack of passion, can unearth valuable truths without psychedelics? 

Posted (edited)

Can we assert that in-depth contemplation of a problem, such as low integrity or low self-esteem, not only yields valuable insights that you share in your youtube videos but also initiates a profound Identity change that makes everything easy [ No need to read books and other sources of knowledge ] , ultimately serving as a permanent solution to the discussed issue? -

Contemplation is important but by itself is not enough for serious growth. Serious growth also requires massive exposure to new experience and also suffering.

You will only deeply learn things when its accompanied by sharp emotions. Contemplation alone is too dry and abstract. Emotions and suffering are what sear lessons into the mind.

If a grizzly bear bites off your foot, that will be a powerful, transformative growth experience, unlike anything you can contemplate your way to on the couch.

Bottom line is, you need grist for your contemplation mill.

Moreover, would you agree with the notion that engaging in deep thought and discourse with onself about personal struggles, be it low self-esteem, feelings of emptiness, or a lack of passion, can unearth valuable truths without psychedelics? 

Yes, of course.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You will only deeply learn things when its accompanied by sharp emotions. Contemplation alone is too dry and abstract. Emotions and suffering are what sear lessons into the mind

This right here explains certain aspects of my core that was accompanied with a "why". Now It makes more sense to me now. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You will only deeply learn things when its accompanied by sharp emotions. Contemplation alone is too dry and abstract. Emotions and suffering are what sear lessons into the mind.

I appreciate your response, and I have another question. Would it be considered too extreme or missing the point if I expressed my intention to engage in structured contemplation about an issue for several days and subsequently integrate the insights gained into a carefully planned real-life experience? For instance, after dedicating time to reflect on my lack of self-reliance and understanding my codependent and passive tendencies, I aim to schedule an immersive experience in a self-reliant situation without relying on external support. This approach involves allowing the newfound understanding to actively guide my actions.

Similarly, I find myself drawn to a similar process when contemplating the dynamics of my dysfunctional family, exploring my passive tendencies, and strategizing for effective leadership without triggering negative reactions. However, I question whether what I'm doing aligns more with introspection or reflection, and if I'm accurately using the terms commonly accepted in this forum. I apologize for any confusion; English is my third language. While the message suggests I am currently engaged in contemplation, I aim to transition into this practice, and your insights on my approach would be valuable .

Edited by Past-Philosopher-562
Some mistakes in how I wrote the sentences

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

Would it be considered too extreme or missing the point if I expressed my intention to engage in structured contemplation about an issue for several days and subsequently integrate the insights gained into a carefully planned real-life experience? For instance, after dedicating time to reflect on my lack of self-reliance and understanding my codependent and passive tendencies, I aim to schedule an immersive experience in a self-reliant situation without relying on external support.

Sure

Similarly, I find myself drawn to a similar process when contemplating the dynamics of my dysfunctional family, exploring my passive tendencies, and strategizing for effective leadership without triggering negative reactions. However, I question whether what I'm doing aligns more with introspection or reflection

Introspection and reflection are pretty much the same thing. I do not distinguish between them.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

However, I question whether what I'm doing aligns more with introspection or reflection, and if I'm accurately using the terms commonly accepted in this forum. I apologize for any confusion;

You said English is your third language and you are apologizing if there's any confusion in your terms. Boy/Girl, whatever you are, you need to start teaching some English to some of these folks because I find your communication style, grammar and English impeccable. I even had to look that word up to make sure I was using it in the right context so as to match in with your vocabulary use. Kidding about that part, but your name suits your style of writing and I can tell you're an intellectual and/or academic. 

I can imagine if English was your first language, it would probably sound like Shakespeare.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Posted (edited)

@Princess Arabia

Lol love it . Thank you very much for the nice words . Indeed , It's my third language . I have somehow probably developed this apology attitude even when I know I can be understood but it probably comes from the insecurity of feeling like I am burdening people too much or that I emphasis things that are just understood subtly in this domain  . The apology attitude comes by to dismiss my need to capture too much information of what people may not like being added .

I have to note actually , that we started with two official languages , arabic and french and English came later in the 9th grade . Sadly , we had to suffer through bad linguistic pedagogy and we had to unlearn a lot of bad pronunciation and more work to master some languages and not others , the outcome was not all good  . Plus , we were born already in an area that had two dialects , growing up code switching between them and suffering through codeswitching in a conversation made a lot of introverts like me suffer in the linguistic competent game somehow that we developed an apology attitude even in this area of multi-linguistic cultures where we would speak in our mother tongue and still pronounce badly and ended up being perceived as timid .

I had to drop some languages a bit to keep my mind clear . French was dropped because it's too difficult and Amazigh dialect , since I am not interacting much with people from the Amazigh side plus my introvert side and interest in self-development and mysticism keeps me focused with two : English and Arabic . So , so far good .

Edited by Past-Philosopher-562
Forget one word

3 minutes ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

have to note actually , that we started with two official languages , arabic and french and English came later in the 9th grade . Sadly , we had to suffer through bad linguistic pedagogy and we had to unlearn a lot of bad pronunciation and more work to master some languages and not others , the outcome was all good  . Plus , we were born already in an area that had two dialects , growing up code switching between them and suffering through codeswitching in a conversation made a lot of introverts like me suffer in the linguistic competent game somehow that we developed an apology attitude even in this area of multi-linguistic cultures where we would speak in our mother tongue and still pronounce badly and ended up being perceived as timid .

It's funny the types of things we suffer as humans. I bet you lot of people would trade this type of suffering for the suffering they're experiencing. I'm currently engaging in another thread that's about suffering and if God suffers or not, so this part of your post got my attention for this reason.