Thought Art

Thought Art 📓

484 posts in this topic

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"◮

My love shatters through all the fear and doubt and pain. 

They will call me peace and health. 

◭"89"◮

I’m a walkin’ 

Talkin’

Paradox 

You Dumb Mother Fucker 

◭"89"◮

◭"89"◮

I am one of the best musicians in the world but no one knows

◭"89"◮

Will sing and stretch for 5meo

◭"89"◮

Distraction 

◭"89"◮

The Scroll Marked X

I will pray for guidance Who is of so little faith that in a moment of great disaster or heartbreak has not called to his God? Who has not cried out when confronted with danger, death, or mystery beyond his norm experience or comprehension?

From where has this deep instinct come which escapes from the mouth of all living creatures in moments of peril? Move your hand in haste before another’s eyes and his eyelids will blink.

Tap another on his knee and his leg will jump. Confront another with dark horror and his mouth will say, "My God" from the same deep impulse. My life need not be filled with religion in order for me to recognize this greatest mystery of nature. All creatures that walk the earth, including man, possess the instinct to cry for help. Why do we possess this instinct, this gift? Are not our cries a form of prayer? Is it not incomprehensible to a world governed by nature’s laws to give a lamb, or a mule, or a bird, or man the instinct to cry for help lest some great mind has also provided that the cry should be heard by some superior power having the ability to hear and to answer our cry?

Henceforth I will pray, but my cries for help will only be cries for guidance. Never will I pray for the material things of the world. I am not calling to a servant to bring me good. I am not ordering an innkeeper to provide me with room.

Never will I seek delivery of gold, love, good health, petty victories, fame, success, or happiness. Only for guidance will I pray, that I may be shown the way to acquire these things, and my prayer will always be answered.

The guidance I seek may come, or the guidance I seek may not come, but are not both of these an answer? If a child seeks bread from his father and it is not forthcoming has not the father answered?

I will pray for guidance, and I will pray as a salesman, in this manner -

•Oh creator of all things, help me. For this day I go out into the world naked and alone, and without your hand to guide me I will wander far from the path which leads to success and happiness.

• I ask not for gold or garments or even opportunities equal to my ability; instead, guide me so that I may acquire ability equal to my opportunities.

•You have taught the lion and the eagle how to hunt and prosper with teeth and claw. Teach me how to hunt with words and prosper with love so that I may be a lion among men and an eagle in the market place.

• Help me to remain humble through obstacles and failures; yet hide not from mine eyes the prize that will come with victory.

• Assign me tasks to which others have failed; yet guide me to pluck the seeds of success from their failures. Confront me with fears that will temper my spirit; yet endow me with courage to laugh at my misgivings.

• Spare me sufficient days to reach my goals; yet help me to live this day as though it be my last.

• Guide me in my words that they may bear fruit; yet silence me from gossip that none be maligned.

• Discipline me in the habit of trying and trying again; yet show me the way to make use of the law of averages. Favor me with alertness to recognize opportunity; yet endow me with patience which will concentrate my strength.

• Bathe me in good habits that the bad ones may drown; yet grant me compassion for weakness in others. Suffer me to know that all things shall pass; yet help me to count my blessings today.

• Expose me to hate so it not be a stranger; yet fill my cup with love to turn strangers into friends.

• But all these things be only if thy will. I am a small and a lonely grape clutching the vine yet though hast made me different from all others. Verily, there must be a special place for me. Help me. Show me the way.

• Let me become all you planned for me when my seed was planted and selected by you to sprout in the vineyard of the world. Help this humble salesman.

◭"89"◮

◭"89"◮

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

This guy is crazy, lol, he'd be destroyed boxing Sugar Ray, but he comes off cocky,,, Fighting is mostly about the ability to perceive movement (what is your opponent doing, seeing his attacks while they are in motion and starting off), and your ability to attack/move and such non telegraphically, this doesn't include the very basics of whatever system that You learned.. The main problem in MA is not the martial art itself, its how it is taught and the students has become fixed by it, the style just teaches basics, how to punch, how to move and such so that you are somewhat more effective than you were before without the training, but you have to make it a natural part of your actions, not a robot fixed in stances and poses and doing kata and such, so this is what happens when things come to the west, we fuck it up big time..but his guy is nuts!, can tell just by his body movement and type that he doesn't know fighting!  Again check out Adam Chan, he has all the talent and skill sets and you can see it in him... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG87qKQnfQQ

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

Still pumped I got to hangout with the Rhythm guitarist on Friday night. We went and saw a couple shows. I found this band when I was like 10. Inner child is pumped hahaha

Ive listened to this album hundreds of times. I used to run to it when I was training. It’s why I used to win haha 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"◮

@Ishanga dunno

◭"89"◮

◭"89"◮

In April I will purchase this Pierching the Veil workshop. In order to maintain my Qigong certification I have to meet a certain amount of hours of workshops/ life training.

https://www.holdenqigong.com/product/piercing-the-veil-qi-gong-workshop/

◭"89"◮

Posted (edited)

https://youtu.be/wPTMA7HIIyk?si=W2G5CaAkN_locKap

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You