Twega

Why People Fail To Self-Actualize | Julien Blanc

4 posts in this topic

I'm not a fanboy of RSD, but I really liked this video by Julien.

Watch the first 6:50 mins.

Julien states that most people have a self-sabatoging tendencies(what leo calls Ego Backlash). I have become painfully aware that this is truly what is holding me back. Julien says that dicipline, motivation, hustiling, and working is like trying to install software while there is a virus in the hardware. His analogy is that shadow work is the anti-virus, and that for as long as this virus remains sooner or later it will sabatoge the "apps/software". The apps/software are basically regular self-help stuff.

I love this analogy. I certainly seem to recognize its truth in my own life. How do you deal with self-sabotage? When you're working on your life purpose, working on your spiritual practices, the virus is still infecting you. It seems no matter how much hardwork or dicipline you put in, sooner or later it will defeat you. Leo's content doesn't seem to deal with this much, except in a few videos. I understand that Leo's content is more advanced and assumes a certain level of development and trancendence of self-sabatogging tendencies / severe mental illness etc.

So I invite people in this forum to share stuff they found useful for dealing with your shadow / self-sabotage

Can try this book: Psycho cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

Or bug free mind by Andy Shaw

Expect the ego backlash and endure it. Be aware that it's going to poke it's ugly head when you make real progress in an area in your life. Expect it and go through the emotional labor of being pulled back into what's comfortable. 

After the ego backlash is over, continue down the path, making more progress in the area that you're working on.

On 12/28/2023 at 6:25 PM, hyruga said:

Can try this book: Psycho cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

Or bug free mind by Andy Shaw

I did not find psychocybernetics useful, will check out the second suggestion, many thanks