Actualizer777

Are other people conscious on a relative level?

69 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a very important question that aims to clarify a misunderstanding I have. I watched Leo's video "New Kind Of Awakening: Infinity Of Gods". There he talks about the fact that solipsism is always true on an absolute level. There is always just one consciousness, one infinity. All is one. That is absolute solipsism.

I agree with that and I understand this. But I also watched his video on Solipsism and I saw this forum thread:

Leo uses very clear language here to suggest metaphysical solipsism on a subjective relative level as well, which contradicts what he says in his newer video about infinity of gods.

So my question is: While understanding that fundamentally there is only the I or God or Infinity and every "other" is imagined, are these other imaginations happening in the same way that my Avatar is being imagined right now? So is the Avatar of my mother imagined in the same way that my Avatar is imagined from a first person perspective? On a relative illusory level at least? Because in the thread Leo clearly says NO only the limited experience right in front of this Avatar's eyes is all that exists. Which contradicts the infinity of gods.

Solipsism. Org

I was personally convinced by the Solipsism video but no longer. and I think leo is too.

I can accept his Cartesian premise that only consciousness is certain.. but hey.. where do the contents of consciousness come from? That's the problem that idealism avoids.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here But in this threads he answers the questions as if he himself doesn't even have a conscious experience. Even on the relative level. He communicates to the person reading this that there is just this limited perspective. He explicitly states that it's not from the absolute view but from the ego view. That's what doesn't make sense to me. And I would like to know how this does not contradict the infinite gods insight, where there is a sovereign god behind every person even though it is all one.

Just now, Actualizer777 said:

@Someone here But in this threads he answers the questions as if he himself doesn't even have a conscious experience. Even on the relative level. He communicates to the person reading this that there is just this limited perspective. He explicitly states that it's not from the absolute view but from the ego view. That's what doesn't make sense to me. And I would like to know how this does not contradict the infinite gods insight, where there is a sovereign god behind every person even though it is all one.

Sorry I can't help you . I myself am as confused as you .and often think along these lines .

I will try to put it in a different way. All that exists  right now in this field of awareness and this body that I conveniently call "me" and the stuff around me and... nothing else.

"You"for example is just this profile image that's appearing inside this field of awareness. That's literally what "you " are at this moment of awareness.  How can I know whether there is an actual person behind that? .. It's sort of like when you are dreaming other people appear as if they are real and independent from your awareness but when you wake up you discover they were just an extension of your mind. Is it the Same with "real life"? 

No fucking idea .

-Osho

@Someone here  Yes but this is exactly what my question is. I have this same experience in this point of view. And Leo's infinity of gods video would be inline with there being multiple such experiences, even though when viewed from an absolute higher consciousness level they are all one and illusions. But in this thread and in the solipsism video he literally says that there is only one limited ego perspective, which would even contradict infinity. Infinity, since it is infinite, would include infinitely many subjective points of view, at least on a relative level.

4 minutes ago, Actualizer777 said:

@Someone here  Yes but this is exactly what my question is. I have this same experience in this point of view. And Leo's infinity of gods video would be inline with there being multiple such experiences, even though when viewed from an absolute higher consciousness level they are all one and illusions. But in this thread and in the solipsism video he literally says that there is only one limited ego perspective, which would even contradict infinity. Infinity, since it is infinite, would include infinitely many subjective points of view, at least on a relative level.

Dude ..look ..try to understand..I have no fucking clue..

That's a possibility. I have no experience of that tbh. But regardless.. you want a direct answer to the question...so does me.

Is there any aware person in the universe besides me right now? ..  Now I realize no matter what you say can't be enough evidence. Because I'm assuming that you are real and anything you say is valid when that's the very thing that I'm questioning lol

-Osho

@Someone here Of course. I just want clarification as to why Leo said one thing in this thread and another thing in the infinity of gods video.

@Actualizer777 I suggest you drop this whole inquiry and go grab some ice-cream ;)

-Osho

41 minutes ago, Actualizer777 said:

He explicitly states that it's not from the absolute view but from the ego view. That's what doesn't make sense to me. And I would like to know how this does not contradict the infinite gods insight, where there is a sovereign god behind every person even though it is all one.

Meaning is being implicitly created here.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa  I don't understand your answer. See, the problem is I am really struggling with this. I am not well mentally because of this. I appreciate the fact that this is hard to articulate but I would love to hear an answer that my limited perspective can somewhat understand. I am extremely depressed and suicidal because of this idea of relative solipsism.

So I just want to know if Leo means absolute solipsism as in "there is no SELF but YOU" on a high level or if he literally means that this avatar right now is the ONLY first person hallucination or imagination of GOD. Or if my mom, Leo, you etc. are all also a first person hallucination of GOD that this particular avatar right now is oblivious to.

5 minutes ago, Actualizer777 said:

. I am extremely depressed and suicidal because of this idea of relative solipsism.

Then take a break from listening to Leo.  And go enjoy your life .

It's like you are eating garbage and it stinks..and im like dude just drop it away. 

Stop focusing on solipsism.  Focus on well being .

-Osho

The reality is no one knows.  Even Leo himself is confused. 

-Osho

There are no conscious or unconscious people. There is only consciousness and thoughts that arise within it - saying that there are conscious or unconscious people.

Edited by ivankiss

@Someone here It is not possible right now for me and it is driving me crazy. I would love to follow the path to awakening but this misinterpretation pushes me away from it. It leads me to wanting to end my life. But Leo himself said that if his teachings are causing depression or nihilism, one is misunderstanding them. And I just want to know if I am misunderstanding solipsism to be about my ego. I don't have issues with absolute solipsism. Everything being god and all of us not really existing but existing as partitions and simultaneous dreams of god. But in this one thread it doesn't sound like that. It sounds like he is saying I am the only partition. Nobody else is a partition but just images in my limited perspective.

@ivankiss  Ok but the question is whether there only exist the thoughts of my (Actualizer777) avatar or if similar thoughts exist for you (ivankiss). I am not talking about the metaphysical understanding of this. If all of this is fake or imagined. I just want to know if my mom, Leo, you etc. exist at least in the same fake way that this avatar right here (Actualizer777) exists.

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

There are no conscious or unconscious people. There is only consciousness and thoughts that arise within it - saying that there are conscious or unconscious people.

Damn dude, you really do look like a Metal God B|

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 minutes ago, Actualizer777 said:

@ivankiss  Ok but the question is whether there only exist the thoughts of my (Actualizer777) avatar or if similar thoughts exist for you (ivankiss). I am not talking about the metaphysical understanding of this. If all of this is fake or imagined. I just want to know if my mom, Leo, you etc. exist at least in the same fake way that this avatar right here (Actualizer777) exists.

The irony is, You Are.

4 minutes ago, Actualizer777 said:

But in this one thread it doesn't sound like that. It sounds like he is saying I am the only partition. Nobody else is a partition but just images in my limited perspective.

That's not true .

-Osho