Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexop

Do you think AI will replace lifecoaches?

5 posts in this topic

@Alexop

1 hour ago, Alexop said:

Is that happening soon in your opinion?

Well, it depends on which type of AI. There are AI that are mostly used in specialized fields to crunch down astronomical numbers and variations, in a very narrow field, for example Alpha Go and Alpha Zero are such AI programs that process vast amounts of chess/Chinese Go variations and pick one that minimizes the opponent's creativity and maximizes it's own advantages on the board.

Then there's AGI(Artificial general intelligence) which is a type of AI for general tasks with hard to define parameters. This type may be the one you're thinking as life coaching needs the coach to speak and listen well with their clients, what values they use, what specific problems in life they described and the obstacles they want to overcome. An AGI might be able to solve life related issues with ill defined criteria with general intelligence.

Another type is both specialized and generalized Artificial intelligence, or super AI, which is hypothesized as the type that could answer for as deep as the true nature of things or existential questions, past definable or indefinable problems conventional AI can't fully solve for.

I think yes. I think the only thing that cannot be replaced by AI is a spirittual teacher. Because the real value of a spiritual teacher is his energy, grace and transmission that is vital for spiritual growth. I doubt that's possible for a computer to do. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear.