Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raze

Israel Knew Hamas’s Attack Plan More Than a Year Ago

4 posts in this topic

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-attack-intelligence.html

Given that it’s also confirmed Egypt warned them *again* something was going to happen, and they continued to provoke Palestinians by burning the mosque and killing 200+ peaceful protestors, this is extremely suspicious. There is no way they are that incompetent, Gaza is not a big place and was already under huge surveillance. 

I didn’t believe the theory Netanyahu wanted it to happen at first but I’m leaning towards it now, especially since they’ve been able to use this war to let settlers slaughter nearly 200 in the West Bank. There is no way anyone could be this incompetent.

I don’t think they wanted an attack this big, they probably wanted a smaller one like when Hamas killed 3 teenagers and they used that to justify the last attack on Gaza. 

Edited by Raze

@Raze

10 hours ago, Raze said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-attack-intelligence.html

Given that it’s also confirmed Egypt warned them *again* something was going to happen, and they continued to provoke Palestinians by burning the mosque and killing 200+ peaceful protestors, this is extremely suspicious. There is no way they are that incompetent, Gaza is not a big place and was already under huge surveillance. 

I didn’t believe the theory Netanyahu wanted it to happen at first but I’m leaning towards it now, especially since they’ve been able to use this war to let settlers slaughter nearly 200 in the West Bank. There is no way anyone could be this incompetent.

I don’t think they wanted an attack this big, they probably wanted a smaller one like when Hamas killed 3 teenagers and they used that to justify the last attack on Gaza. 

That's a bad look for Israel if this is true, but I'm not surprised. Historically this events also have happened, for example Pearl Harbor attack, the president apparently knew Japan would likely attack, so the military sent the aircraft carriers to a different location, and other military assets first, so when the attack happens and the aftermath, when America declares war on Japan they have their carrier fleets with them for their fighter planes and such. Tactics like this of tactical retreats or allowing some degree of attack to justify a military retaliation happens in history.

Israeli observers saw hamas's broad trainings near the border but the commanders above them dismissed it as not so important.

That wasn't an intelligence problem but probably mostly a paradigm one and a misunderstanding of the enemy's intentions.

Is the number 200 correct? Were they indeed peaceful protestors and not violent? This crime was done by a violent group within the settlers. Don't throw it on "Israel" so loosely. A little honesty won't harm.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

10 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Israeli observers saw hamas's broad trainings near the border but the commanders above them dismissed it as not so important.

That wasn't an intelligence problem but probably mostly a paradigm one and a misunderstanding of the enemy's intentions.

Is the number 200 correct? Were they indeed peaceful protestors and not violent? This crime was done by a violent group within the settlers. Don't throw it on "Israel" so loosely. A little honesty won't harm.

I’m referring to this regarding the protestors  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Fact_Finding_Mission_on_the_2018_Gaza_border_protests

I didn’t say Israel killed them in the West Bank, I said settlers.