toczix

Adrenaline addiction or anxiety issue?

8 posts in this topic

I've noticed that sometimes with some people, I get an adrenaline spike when thinking about them, or when they text me.

Sometimes its about potential love, or a girl I like.

Other times, its when i'm in an argument, or someone I hate.

I literally feel it ramp up inside of me, and sometimes I'm shaking (especially with the back & forth arguments)

and I know it's not healthy, in EITHER context.

What is this, and how do I detach from it?
How can I unwire this ASAP?

Any advice is seriously appreciated!

This is just a guide: Taken from Sunny Sharma (Spiritual Coach)

*Observe the feelings that arises within the body. Do not judge or interpret them. Observe them without an agenda. Let go of believing the thoughts that are associated with those feelings. They are not true. Do not act on them. Simply observe the situation, flow with it however it goes and trust the wisdom and clarity which starts to orchestrate your actions while you practice this.*

Hope this helps as I've practiced this and it helped me in times of frustration, anger, nervousness and/or doubt. Keep practicing. It becomes easier in time. The most important thing is to not believe, dwell or react to the thoughts that arise in those situations and in a calm manner without the feelings of anxiety and even through those anxious feelings, be still and let the stillness and the silence guide you.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:05 PM, toczix said:

What is this, and how do I detach from it?
How can I unwire this ASAP?

Any advice is seriously appreciated!

DO IT:

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

DO IT:

Really?... 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

@toczix it appears you're (like most) just addicted to the thought that arises. That's fine. Just observe the experience when you feel the adrenaline. Observe the thought that triggers it. Unless you fixate on it, want to eradicate it, or label it it will lose its grip. 

8 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Unless you fixate on it, want to eradicate it, or label it it will lose its grip. 

As if it had any grip to begin with…

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa apologies, from your initial post it appeared you were identifying as you asked:

On 30/11/2023 at 2:05 AM, toczix said:

how do I detach from it?

To be attached usually assumes it has a sort of grip. 

IMG_4144-min.jpeg