Absolute Unity

What is boredom?

5 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new here, 

What is boredom? I realize life is a divine miracle, I am God somehow creating this luminous and amazing and infinite world. But why do we get bored? Is it to force you to explore? 

Edited by Absolute Unity

God is bored that's why it created this. Now it's back to boredom again so it creates questions like these. Then it solves that problem and goes back to being bored again and create more questions and more problems and more questions and more problems and more questions and more problems to Infinity until it wakes up and realizes that it created boredom to begin with then it tries to find a way to destroy it's creation, then it realizes it IS it's creation. That's when it surrenders and just starts to bask in it's own boredom.

Hope that answer wasn't too boring.

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you find it exciting.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Here's what I think. 

Most people only feel alive when they are being stimulated. But when nothing stimulates them they feel down. They feel lost. Their mind is looking for stimulation to feel alive again but there's nothing. So they are in despair basically. When one learns to be fully alive and glowing just by doing nothing. Then it's the end of boredom. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I've never felt bored since I was like 17.

I think @Salvijus is right. We feel bored because of a sudden drop in stimulation. But also boredom is just a concept. You can stop believing in this concept altogether.

Hostility without enthusiasm. ;) 

And arrogance. 

Thinking that the world is the way you think it is. 

Open up 'cause things are what they not what you think they are. See the distinction? 

We don't even know what a pencil is, for real. Don't stand on assumptions and belief systems and you'll find that you, as everyone else, is deeply ignorant.

Then you can wonder about stuff.

Go get bored for a week or two and stay there contemplating who you are. This is the least popular spiritual practice! xD