mmKay

🙆 Aggressive Hairloss since first C*vid 🙊

7 posts in this topic

i'm about to turn 26. It doesnt look that I have baldness in my genetics.

I have not cut my hair since 2020. Now it's long, but ever since my first time having COVID my hair has been falling out.

I've had It maybe 15/20 times by now. i usted to never get sick. ( that's medically undiagnosed, but the symptoms end up being pretty much exactly the same. Call me biased but I feel its most likely accurrate)

It did get better for some months after not catching the CovD for half a year, but I've been consistently clogging the shower and pulling full hairbrushes of dead hair DAILY

My hairline is intact for now. Aparently the hair just snaps 2 cm from the base and leaves me with this wild look when I tie my hair unless i use a microdrop of some styling gel to flatten It all smooth together ( no the gel is not the cause) .

I've usted a minimal ammount of random shampoos only once a week and nothing in between. So that's not the problem either. 

I still have a full head of hair for now though somehow. I've heard some ammount of loss is normal with long hair ( my first time I've grown It out ever) but this is definitely not normal.

Diet wise I could be doing better ATM. I've supplemented vit A and iodine for the last year on and off, and spent a ridículous ammount on DAILY ( 300g) highest quality grass fed grass finished ground beef avaliable in my country . I've mostly had rice, beans, eggs with It.

It's true I've had close to none vegetables since 2020. perhaps Frozen or as an accidental side ingredient but pretty much never "fresh" and I crave It a bit by now so ill give It a try. 

I could get more sun exposure as I tested very low on vit D which i supplemented for 4 months last year. Consistently suplementing vit C, hydration and electrolytes doing good. I doubt its a side effect of heavy metal Chelation but Who knows.

I'm pretty sedentary overall but I work out. maybe 3 times per week. 

That being said my individual hair in itself has allways been super thin. and I confess the tight bun i tie It into may contribuye to It snapping but that's not the cause either.

Whats am I missing? thoughts? 

is this the side effect of watching Actualized.org for half a decade+ ?

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

This sounds like telogen effluvium (TE), a form of diffuse, non-scarring alopecia with a sudden onset, characterized by increased hair loss or thinning hair. It's not uncommon to see this after a viral infection and recent studies have shown that it's even more common after Covid-19. I have never seen someone getting covid 15+ times (?), but if this is true - then TE could be a very logical explanation for your symptoms. The good news is that your hair is not lost and will regrow after a couple of months.

After that, androgenic alopecia (genetic hair loss) is another possible explanation. You have said that you have always had thin hair, which could be a sign of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) fucking up your hair roots. Genetic hair loss can take many different forms, depending on the underlying genotype you have inherited. Some people rapidly lose their hair, others consistently thin out over a long period of time before actually losing ground. You have mentioned that you think you are good genetic wise. While looking at your families scalp is usually a good indicator, genetics can be much more complex than that. 

I doubt it has anything to do with your lifestyle-habits.

Anyway, this is just pure conjecture. 
There are questions which just can not get answered over the internet. Go visit a dermatologist and do some basic blood-work (especially thyroid function). Then you know what's up for sure.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Ultimately, accepting and embracing imperfections/defects about yourself will lead to less distress.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I don't want to jinx it but it actually stopped about a month ago.  Most likely it's a coincidence but I was taking that zeolite powder during that time so maybe give it a try if you're desperate 

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

The pros of not having hair include:

• no need to spend time styling it

• your eyes don’t get covered (unless you’re in a rock band, you may still consider covering some other bands’ songs)

• no hair to catch on fire

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Happy New Year! Here’s to more human nonsense!