Carl-Richard

Three steps for high-quality forum interactions

8 posts in this topic

1. Talk to other people like you would talk to them face-to-face. If something is worth saying, you should be able to say it to their face.

2. You don't have to respond to every thread. If you feed low quality, that is what you get. If you engage with it, that is what you'll become.

3. Not every response is worth responding to. Allow yourself some level of self-respect. Your attention is valuable.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

On 2023-11-24 at 5:27 AM, Carl-Richard said:

1. Talk to other people like you would talk to them face-to-face. If something is worth saying, you should be able to say it to their face.

2. You don't have to respond to every thread. If you feed low quality, that is what you'll get. If you engage with it, that is what you'll become.

3. Not every response is worth responding to. Allow yourself some level of self-respect. Your attention is valuable.

Under your metrics, I guess I'm a philosophical and existential contrarian? A metaphysical iconoclast? 

15 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

Under your metrics, I guess I'm a philosophical and existential contrarian? A metaphysical iconoclast? 

A wut?

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

Because my behavior here is different from my behavior in the real world.

Yeah. But just pretend like it isn't. 

I feel like I can't follow the steps myself because I got covid 5 days ago and I'm experiencing the same intense brain fog which severely compromises my decision-making. Might as well take another 10-day break :D (ah, that should be the 4th step).

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Yeah. But just pretend like it isn't. 

I feel like I can't follow the steps myself because I got covid 5 days ago and I'm experiencing the same intense brain fog which severely compromises my decision-making. Might as well take another 10-day break :D (ah, that should be the 4th step).

That sucks, hope you get better. get plenty of rest, sleep, and honey tea.