Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueOak

What business opportunities do you see for 2024? 2025? In the UK or on the web.

6 posts in this topic

If you were starting a business today in the UK, what would it be? The Midlands for locality if needed or the internet for an even wider reach.

Preferably if you've had some success in starting businesses and running them, or have a good idea you've investigated or seen glaring you in the face, and you'd to share.

I'm keeping this open-ended so as not to bias it. What opportunities do you see in 2024 and 2025?

Thanks.

It would depend on what your passionate about, your interest and your skills.

But as far as opportunities in general. Using A.I. to help on a specific cause better and faster than everyone else out there.

And finding creative ways to increase the utility of A.I.

On 12/12/2023 at 0:29 AM, bebotalk said:

If the cost of living crisis persists, then budget products. 

Yes. I thought of this. Its not a bad business model at all times, but especially good in hard times.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:01 AM, universe said:

It would depend on what your passionate about, your interest and your skills.

But as far as opportunities in general. Using A.I. to help on a specific cause better and faster than everyone else out there.

And finding creative ways to increase the utility of A.I.

What I would like to do is not feasible without financing. A small youtube improvisation semi-professional theater or show. It would cost about 3,000 an episode for cast/crew/location. Perhaps being able to do 2 in one day if things run smoothly, because that covers the whole day shooting. That would be a hobby if I was ever successful.

I have been thinking how to use AI more deeply. At the moment its like blindly shooting, as there as so many ways it could go. The best guess I have is to take an established industry or medium, and use AI to enhance it. 

Edited by BlueOak

Your question is putting the cart before the horse.

I would suggest you first humble yourself and focus on learning sales and marketing skills, setting aside any big lofty ideas for now. Start by choosing a well-established business model (e.g. insurance, real estate, advertising) to focus on these core skills in isolation.

In a nutshell, sales and marketing is about convincing others to do business with you. Once this has clicked for you, you have a solid foundation for running your own business. 

Additionally, it's crucial to gain a realistic understanding of how the capitalist world operates (i.e. predominantly on economics and power politics). Stay aware of current trends and learn to distinguish between what's genuinely impactful and what’s merely fads, delusions, or fantasies. The best way to gain accurate feedback is to invest your hard-earned money - venture capital style-, which will quickly dispel you of any overly idealistic tendencies you might have.

Simultaneously, study a diverse range of subjects to remain open to new ideas and insights. 

This approach will allow you to efficiently do research and development in a large search space and you’ll be equipped with all the necessary skills to actually realize your projects and truly impact the world in your desired way.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus