Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

near death experiences

7 posts in this topic

What's your take on near death experiences and out of body experiences where people report going to hell or interacting with Jesus?

What's your take on consciousness in terms of the left side of the brain being responsible for language (words), time (past/present/future), sense of self (I am), etc.  and the right side of the brain is responsible for shapes, kinesthetic movement, etc. (or the hippocampus being related to memory) in terms of psychedelic trips and if that experience of no time or sense of self or memory is just a function of part of certain parts of the brain being shut off from the drug and not how reality works versus no it actually is how reality works at the ultimate level?

I was also thinking about how if I was God making everything up myself, it would be quite odd how I don't actually know how I am doing it?

Or what about this?

17 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

What's your take on near death experiences and out of body experiences where people report going to hell or interacting with Jesus?

It can be altered states of consciousness that go beyond merely survival mode. It’s an opening to explore different parts of yourself that you’ve been suppressing.

Consciousness wants to explore; not just be stuck in a particular form or shape. Survival is about maintaining that. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

NDEs are no different from past experiences or dreams that you have in my opinion.

Someone may talked about something (eg Jesus) but you may not record it consciously yet your brain records it unconsciously in another part of the brain. So when your head gets knocked or when you are dreaming in ur sleep, you may suddenly think of Jesus but you obviously won't think of Vishnu (because you have never heard of him).

8 hours ago, Yimpa said:

It can be altered states of consciousness that go beyond merely survival mode. It’s an opening to explore different parts of yourself that you’ve been suppressing.

Consciousness wants to explore; not just be stuck in a particular form or shape. Survival is about maintaining that. 

And boy does the ego hate that shit!!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, Yimpa said:

On 11/7/2023 at 5:14 PM, Razard86 said:

And boy does the ego hate that shit!!!

I think maybe there is both where we love going to experience as other states of consciousness but also we love being in our body and experiencing those around us and this experience as a human.  But also where we hate the other states of consciousness and also hate our human life. So it kinda goes back and forth and in phases.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, hyruga said:

NDEs are no different from past experiences or dreams that you have in my opinion.

Someone may talked about something (eg Jesus) but you may not record it consciously yet your brain records it unconsciously in another part of the brain. So when your head gets knocked or when you are dreaming in ur sleep, you may suddenly think of Jesus but you obviously won't think of Vishnu (because you have never heard of him).

good point on the seeing vishnu if that is what one thinks of. or seeing a friend. or seeing clowns. or seeing a forest. or whatever one sees.

I've had interesting visuals of hurricanes and elephants and trees and birds.

I was thinking the same thing that a NDE could be like a dream because in the end, the person wakes up anyway.. but there are reports where the person was able to say things that happened or that they saw that they wouldn't have otherwise been able to know if they were really asleep.. but they could still go to imaginary or real worlds (or if real and imaginary are the same then okay that which is)

there was a theme where the person didn't feel pain and was hovering over their body and moving at light speed but then eventually getting stuffed back into the body and feeling heavy and painful and so that opens the door for the idea that we are spirits

but who knows what is really going on.. or if there is anything to know..

I guess like with the solipism idea ppl are talking about, if its all just a big mind dream, then the person could be dreaming they died, then experience floating above the body and see things, then experience going back in the body and check and see that it checks out what they saw during the "nde" but if its all ultimately a dream we/I/this could be making it up such that the experience of double checking that what happened while dead "actually happened", we in our ultimate dream make it so that it does appear verified because we dream it so

I feel like this religion/existence talk can and does make people go crazy because its a never ending search of what is and I've kinda felt crazy and so much anxiety over wanting to "know" and every source has a different opinion on what is true and yet they all contradict each other but its just insanity and then its like why do I care so much but maybe its cuz I am giving it my attention and could just go do something else

and there are all these viewpoints that yell "danger and listen to me to prevent you from having danger" but in the end we die anyway (or do we)... and words are just hilarious

Edited by PepperBlossoms

its just pure insanity cuz person A - yoga/meditation/lgbtq is demonic. person B - everything is made up, the mind is king.

you don't want to expose yourself to danger so you keep on learning more and more perspectives and don't want to hurt others (or self)

and its like okay can I do yoga or not, can I do abc or not, and then its like, okay let me go learn more and more and more to see what I can and cannot do

and then you think... a monkey doesn't read a single thing neither does a cat... so why am I... well the monkey and the cat don't know how...

and its like... I wish I was never introduced to religion theories in the first place and it would be so much easier to live

but maybe life is hard regardless as there are millions of things that can be hard so if we aren't saying A is hard, we are saying B is hard.

point the finger at whatever and say whatever about it.