Ayla

Forgiveness

82 posts in this topic

Here is a holistic approach to forgiveness. :)

I love this book....Louise Hay - You Can Heal your Life. 

pg 8

All Dis-ease Comes from a State of Unforgiveness

Whenever we are ill, we need to search our hearts to see who it is we need to forgive.

The Course in Miracles says that "all dis-ease comes from a state of forgiveness," and that "whenever we are ill, we need to look around to see who it is that we need to forgive."

I would add to that concept that the very person you find it hardest to forgive is the one YOU NEED TO LET GO OF THE MOST.   Forgiveness means giving up, letting go.  It has nothing to do with condoning behavior.  It's just letting the whole thing go.  We do not have to know HOW to forgive.  All we need to do is be WILLING to forgive.  The Universe will take care of the hows.

We understand our own pain so well. How hard it is for most of us to understand THEY, whoever they are we need most to forgive, were also in pain.  We need to understand that they were doing  the best they could with the understanding, awareness, and knowledge they had at the time. 

When people come to me with a problem, I don't care what it is--- poor health, lack of money, unfulfilling relationships, or stifled creativity --- there is only one thing I ever work on, and that is LOVING THE SELF.

I find that when we really love and accept and APPROVE of OURSELVES EXACTLY AS WE ARE, then everything in life works.  It's as if little miracles are everywhere.  Our health improves, we attract more money, our relationships become much more fulfilling and we begin to express ourselves in creatively fulfilling ways.  All this seems to happen without our even trying.

To Release the Past, We Must Be Willing to Forgive

We need to choose to release the past and forgive everyone, ourselves included.

Affirmation"  I forgive you for not being the way I wanted you to be. I forgive you and set you free."

On 2/6/2016 at 2:04 AM, Ayla said:

In my own journey, I have noticed big and small miracles taking place once I managed to forgive people and situations. 

I am talking here about real forgiveness, the one that is replacing hate/fear with unconditional love. 

I think this is a topic that has its place in this forum. What is your experience with forgiveness ? 

Anger is like holding a hot coal in your hand and expecting someone else to feel the pain. Forgiveness is dropping the coal.