Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenAlex

How to accept you may need medication to deal with MH issues?

4 posts in this topic

Hi.

I've always had faith that you could find a natural way to deal with mental health problems, like therapy and lifestyle changes, self awareness etc.

But I'm starting to believe I may need medication at some point for my issues.

How do you accept that? That no matter what you do you may never be able to be happy without drugs and nothing you can do really fix you besides this?

You dont have to take it forever. Usually its a few years than you slowly taking it off.

Its like if you have any other illness medication will help you.

Antidepressants are not that deep just constantly talk with your psychiatrist and if you have any side effects then tell him. 

Just keep on doing therapy and self-help. Its the little nuggets and aha-moments that will make you feel better

view it as experiment. in my case, it was really beneficial. i was afraid of the side effects, but fortunately i didnt get any of them. it really helped me have an extra boost of energy to lift myself out of depression. it also helped me when i had a psychotic break (which i thought was enlightenment lol).

one day this will all be memories

No idea how true it is, but a few years ago I read extracts from a book that explained how prisoners who suffered from schizophrenia became asymptomatic when they were deprived of food. I would say it is a massive reduction in endotoxins and/or a reduction in the conversion of GABA to Glutamate due to ketone bodies, like in epileptics.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.