Ry4n

Do Enlightened People Experience Painful Emotions?

8 posts in this topic

I don't much about enlightened to be honest, so bare with me if that seems like a silly question. Do those who have realised their true nature no longer experience painful emotions such as grief and anger, or do they continue to but simply see those emotions in a different way? Like they were so separate to their emotions that they wouldn't react to them.

@Ry4n They still feel those emotions but there is no resistance, they embrace them fully. The reason most people see those emotions as painful is because they to avoid it.

36 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

who have realised their true nature no longer experience painful emotions such as grief and anger

An enlightened person can pretend. He can pretend that he is not enlightened – that freedom is available. You cannot use emotions - you are being used by them. If a Jesus feels that it will be good and helpful, he can use anything - he is a master. A Jesus can be angry without being angry.  For example: there are moments when Jesus is angry.In the temple of Jerusalem he took a whip, started beating the money changers, and threw them out of the temple single-handed. he drove all the moneychangers out of the temple and overturned their boards. He must have been in a real fury, in a rage, almost mad. It was anger that comes out of compassion and love. 

People like Jesus live on a totally different plane. Their anger is not your anger. Everything with an enlightened person happens on a totally different plane. His anger comes out of his compassion. Your anger comes out of hate, aggression, cruelty.

@Bebop ah yeah I thought this was the case. Very wise way of being.

@Prabhaker not quite sure I know what you mean :/ guess I'm just gonna have to get enlightened to find out.:D

3 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

guess I'm just gonna have to get enlightened to find out.:D

Whose gonna get enlightened????

1 minute ago, Ry4n said:

not quite sure I know what you mean

Enlightened persons can behave like an actor who plays his role, they can show emotions like anger to help you.