Wizardking

How many supplements/nootropics is too much?

9 posts in this topic

I just watched Leos video on Nootropics and I'm going to try some (most) of them. But I have a question, does Leo mean one could take all of these? I feel like taking 10+ pills per day seems excessive. If I like the individual effect each of them has on me, could I take all of them daily? 

You can easily take 10-20 supplements per day. But don't start with that. You must test every pill in your stack one at a time. Slowly build up your stack over the course of a few years. Only keep the stuff in your stack that you feel gives benefit.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can easily take 10-20 supplements per day. But don't start with that. You must test every pill in your stack one at a time. Slowly build up your stack over the course of a few years. Only keep the stuff in your stack that you feel gives benefit.

True, the thing is that for some supplements (take for example omega 3s) you probably won't feel any immediate tangible benefit on the body, since they mostly work long-term to prevent diseases

2 minutes ago, docs20 said:

True, the thing is that for some supplements (take for example omega 3s) you probably won't feel any immediate tangible benefit on the body, since they mostly work long-term to prevent diseases

That's true. Some of this stuff you just gotta take on faith based on the science and studies.

Some stuff, like vitamines, you can measure in your blood.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Thank you. I would also like to ask you, do you think health should be the first priority before moving on to other things? Makes sense to have a solid foundation. Should I focus on getting my physical and mental health in order before pursuing my ambitions in life? I think of it like this, I'm a car with a punctured tire, leaking fuel tank and an overheating engine. Before I go out on my journey I need to fix these things otherwise I won't get far. But perhaps this is just holding me from going out on the journey. 

8 hours ago, Wizardking said:

do you think health should be the first priority before moving on to other things?

Only if you have serious health problems which hold you back. If you health is nornal then don't obesses over it, just maintain it well.

Unless you have serious health problems  working on your health doesn't take much time.

Edited by Leo Gura

Interesting...just found his nootropics video. Have to research some of these compounds. I take glycine as an anti aging base amino acid along with supplemental Magnesium, Taurine, and on occasion, B12.  Choline is also important but there's this TMAO connection especially if you take synthetic choline Bitartate which leaves eggs and liver. Also Betaine found in whole wheat. Methyl donors are important.

Edited by sholomar

On 30/10/2023 at 0:44 AM, Leo Gura said:

Only if you have serious health problems which hold you back. If you health is nornal then don't obesses over it, just maintain it well.

Unless you have serious health problems  working on your health doesn't take much time.

I find it hard to decide on that. I have ADHD and my brain is constantly so scattered that I usually start 100 different things in a day but without completing a single one. I've read Gabor Mates book on it which says that one should focus on healing trauma to overcome it but that's such a long process that I fear I will be putting off my journey too long. I want to become an artist and I see it as being very important to start that journey at a young age. I can of course still make music while focusing on healing, doing both would probably even synergises each other, but my ADHD makes me fear that I'm not ready to actually go out and start networking, building my image, etc. 

That's why I'm trying the nootropics, to see if they can help alleviate my issues relating to ADHD.