Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will1125

Living with Solipsism

5 posts in this topic

Even if we realised Solipsism is true, what does it really change ? 

We have to deal with reality, deal with peoples around us, deal with life anyways. 

A strong spirituality includes important moral values such as sharing and loving others. Solipsism does not necessarily mean that one must be selfish, but thinking that others are only a projection and do not have a form of reality as powerful as ours creates a separation with the other. I think that solipsism is quite vain when it leads us to think that the other does not have a form of reality equal to ours but it can be interesting when we realize that we have all power in this life and overcome the fear of failure and do what we want to do.

I think the most important thing is to use love wisely and to value everything that exists. To love others it is important to accept others at the same level as we accept ourselves. (because the other and us = the same thing)

I often come to think that it is very probable that solispsim is true but I do not want this notion to deteriorate the relationship I have with the outside world, even if the other is only a projection of my spirit, my spirit remains the fundamental reality of my being and I must adore it as much as anything.

This is also why I think we can learn the most from solipsism by realizing that our mind is what is most important and therefore everything that is a derivative of this mind deserves love. and infinite respect. So as God we must create the world that most closely aligns with what we would like to do with it.

I think that solipsism induces a lot of responsibility, namely the creation of reality itself (the highest responsibility) and that is why this philosophy can be misinterpreted because of its very great power.

Your opinions?

Edited by Will1125

Solipsism is kind of true, but you probably misunderstand it. It suffers the same fate as nihilism a few years/decades back.

If in doubt, just act as if everyone is real. If solipsism leads you to treat everyone like an empty shell it has become falsehood. Solipsism = Love. Else it can't be true.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

2 hours ago, vibv said:

Solipsism is kind of true, but you probably misunderstand it. It suffers the same fate as nihilism a few years/decades back.

If in doubt, just act as if everyone is real. If solipsism leads you to treat everyone like an empty shell it has become falsehood. Solipsism = Love. Else it can't be true.

Love is completely empty and is completely full. But you can only experience the fullness when you realize you are empty.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Solipsism is true in the sense that others are within your human psyche. If you didn't have a human psyche, there would be no "others." If you were, for example, a jellyfish floating in the middle of the ocean, you wouldn't know anything about anyone else. In the total reality without form, the others are not there. The others are in the reality of the human psyche. are real? yes, within the human psyche. Without the human psyche, there are no others. But you are not alone neither, because there is not a you

Edited by Breakingthewall

12 hours ago, Will1125 said:

A strong spirituality includes important moral values such as sharing and loving others.

Thats an assumption. Maybe you are right, but maybe strong spirituality does not speak about morality?

12 hours ago, Will1125 said:

most important and therefore everything that is a derivative of this mind deserves love. and infinite respect

This. You nailed it here imho. :x

When it clicks it removes separation, not creates it.

As Leo said "We are alone because we are so together" or sth like that.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.